30- this is what it feels like♡

y/n's pov- 

today was album release day. i can't hide my anxiety. i'm excited but also so so scared. vinnie had hardly left my side since that night. we've been staying at my place as i wanted some quiet and since the start of our relationship we'd had hardly any alone time so it was nice to just spend a few days together, just us. 

thomas wanted to do another release party for the album but honestly i was tired of parties so we settled on a small lunch gathering to celebrate the song with just the hype house and olivia, dan, my music producer, and conan. i was excited to just spend the day celebrating with my friends. but first i had a load of promo stuff to film for the album. 

"do you not have a tripod?" vinnie says laughing at me trying to make a make-shift tripod from books and basically anything i can find. "no, otherwise i would be using it" i laugh. "here, let me help you" vinnie says picking the phone up and adjusting it. it finally stays up. i check the list of prompts i'd been sent from the label of what i needed to film. "okay, i'll leave you to it" vinnie says going into the other room. i hit record and do a few different videos thanking streaming sites for putting songs from the album in playlists. i then need to film a video to promote the fact you can buy vinyls and CDs from my store but i can't hold them all so i call vinnie into the room. "vinnie! i need your help" i shout. he comes into the room. "can you just like hold the vinyls up whilst i talk about them" i ask. "sure thing" he says in a goofy voice. i hand him two of the color variant vinyls and he pulls a funny face. i try ignore it and press record. "hey guys! this is what it feels like is available to order today on CD and vinyl from my merch store! swipe up to buy yours now" i say smiling. "what she said, it's a really good album, like really good" he says still in his goofy voice. i laugh and end the recording. i then post that one to my story and email the rest to thomas. as expected the video of me and vinnie had already gone viral and people were freaking out that we were finally posting properly together. i guess it was good promotion for the album. 

it was almost time for lunch, so i got ready and then asked vinnie if we could go downstairs to the parking garage to take instagram photos and he said yes. he actually took some good photos. 

@ y/n: 

@y/n: 'this is what it feels like' is out now'! this album is so personal to me and i can't wait for you all to hear what i have to say

@y/n: 'this is what it feels like' is out now'! this album is so personal to me and i can't wait for you all to hear what i have to say. thank you @dan_nigro for being so amazing and working with me on this, there's truly no one else i'd rather make music with! and ofc a major thank you for  @vinniehacker for being my muse always, this album wouldn't even exist without you showing me love in so many new ways. my heart is so warmed by all of your reactions so far. thank you for allowing me to speak my heart, love to u forever & always <3

@oliviarodrigo: a true masterpiece, congrats y/n!!! im ur biggest fan <3 

----> @y/n: liv!!! i love you more than you can comprehend, i'm YOUR biggest fan!! love u 5ever

@vinniehacker: this album is everything and more, i cannot take any credit you did this all on your own- proud of u always❤️

---->  @y/n: 🥺🥺

@vinniehacker: also you should've hired me to take your album cover photo tbh because this photo looks great 

----> @y/n: okay, now you've killed the mood

vinnie then drove us to the restaurant we were meeting everyone at for lunch. we walk in and conan, olivia and dan, mine and olivis's music producer, were already sat down. i walk over excitedly and hug them all. "well guys, this is vinnie" i say introducing them all to each other. he hugs them all and we sit down. shortly after, the others arrive. we have a great time and i honestly wouldn't have wanted to spend my day doing anything else. 

"y/n and olivia, i actually got an email this morning that i think you're both going to want to hear" dan says turning to me and olivia. we both look at each other in confusion. "it comes from the recording academy" he says and the penny drops for both of us. and we both open our mouths in shock. "and it's the list for the official grammy nominations" he continues, dragging it out on purpose. "and you're both nominated in multiple categories!" we both hold each other's arms and scream. to the point everyone had turned around and stared. "AHHH, WHAT THE FUCK!" i scream. "THIS IS INSANE" olivia says. "do you want me to read them?" he asks. "yes!" we both exclaim in unison. "best new artist, you're both nominated. song of the year, y/n is nominated for 'fingers crossed' and olivia you're nominated for best album for 'SOUR', both of you are nominated for record of the year and also both of you are nominated for pop vocal album and  i'm nominated for producer of the year!" he says reading the last one in shock. "yayy! dan!" i say and everyone cheers for dan. "you guys are literally going to be sweep the awards!" thomas says. "i can't believe we're both nominated! this is insane" olivia says. "congrats!" vinnie says turning to me, pulling me in for a hug. and conan hugs both me and olivia. this is insane, and to do it with my best friend is the best thing ever. "i literally don't even care if i don't win just to be nominated is insane!" i say, still in shock. we finish the meal and everyone heads home. vinnie goes back to the hype house. "goodbye, my little superstar" vinnie says pulling me into a hug and kissing the top of my head. "goodbye, my little-" i laugh not knowing how to finish the sentence. "yeah i can't quite compete with you today" he laughs. "please be proud of yourself, this is insane day one of album release and you're already nominated for the biggest music award" he says holding my hands. "i know it's insane, thank you for always believing me" i say leaning in to kiss him. i pull away and we say goodbye again and me, olivia and conan walk back to mine and olivia's apartment block. we sit in my apartment for a bit and talk. then i mention vinnie "what do you guys think of vinnie? do you like him?" i say slightly nervous about their reaction, there's no reason not to like him but their opinions matter to me. "oh my god, he's the best! like seriously we both said it's like you guys were made for each other" olivia says smiling and conan nods. "oh my gosh, okay i'm glad you like him i was so scared. but please tell me if you ever notice any red flags because my track record isn't exactly great" i laugh. "of course we will, but i honestly don't think you have anything to worry about" conan reassures me. "i love you guys so much" i say pulling them both into a group hug. "we love you ahhh, happy release day!" olivia says. this truly is what happiness feels like, it seems like everything is finally falling into place and i couldn't be happier.