Chapter Fifteen - Hammer Time

I told Happy what had been going on he already knew about he dreams I had as a little girl but he through i grew out of them. I had to tell him I didn't and everything that had gone along with that. It would take three and half hours to get home. I had a nap and then I washed and changed.

"I think you have amore crazier life that your father." Happy commented as the plane came to a stop and the doors opened up.

"Go figure." Pepper and Natalie were waiting for us as I stepped off the plane.

"Welcome back Miss Reign, I trust you had a pleasant trip." Pepper smiled

"It was eventful. Now let's go see Justin Hammer make and absolute fool of himself. We headed for the Expo.

On arriving there. Happy opened my door offering his other hand to me, I took it and I stepped out. Letting go I smoothed down my dress slightly.

"I'll keep the car down here, alright?" Happy said to me.

"Thanks you Happy." The three of us headed inside to the main pavilion. We took our seats and 10 minutes later...

"Please welcome Justin Hammer!" Everyone except the three of us clapped as he came on stage doing a ridiculous shuffle. I rolled my eyes, this guy was and idiot and a hack trying to keep up with us big kids.

"That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for coming." he began as he stood at the podium "Ladies and gentleman, for far too long this country has had to place it's brave men and women in harms way. But then the Iron Man and Iron Daughter arrived, and we thought the days of losing lives was behind us. But that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair, that's not right and it's just too bad."

"Oh, Christ." i breathed

"Nether the less it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed headlines the world over. Well today my friends the press is faces with quite a different problem. They're about to run out of ink." There was a scattered applause. They moved the podium out of the way and off stage

"Ladies and Gentleman I present to you, the new face of the United States military! The Hammer drone!" Patriotic music played

"Army!" the floor opened up and a set of drones came out "Navy!" people were applauding as more drones appeared

"Air Force!......Marines!" more drones appeared. Boy had I had enough of drones for a while and then there is this muppet presenting them. "Yeah!" he punched the air.

"That's a hell of a lot better than some cheerleaders let me tell you. But as revolutionary as this technology is, there will always be a need for a man to be present in the theatre of war. Ladies and Gentleman tonight I am very proud to present to you the very first prototype in the variable threat response battle suit and it's pilot, Air Force Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes!"

"What the fuck?" Rhodes saluted as did the drones and Hammer

"Reign! Reign!" I heard my name being shouted. I stood up and turned around as Hammer talked. Happy ran down and I shuffled over to him in the aisle.

"Happy, what's going on?"

"I just got a call from you're Dad, he says you need to suit up fast and not ask questions." he handed me the case just as I heard rumbling. I saw my Dad fly in and land.

"Now, Reign." people stood up and started clapping at the sighs of my father. I sighed and handed him my purse.I stepped into it and suited up, it was a little banged up from my earlier fight with the destroyer.

"We got trouble." I heard my Dad. I flew over to him and landed

"Tony, there are civilians present. I'm here on orders. Let's not do this right now." I heard Rhodey.