Chapter Three - Three Months Later

Three Months, that how long my father had been missing, Pepper had stayed so that I didn't fall into disarray with wanting to stay awake to make sure I didn't miss anything.

"Reign, I brought you your favourite." Pepper slipped a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"I'm okay."

"Miss Stark I have and incoming communication from Colonel Rhodes." I stood up

"Put him through." I video image of Uncle Rhodey came up.

"Is everything okay? What's going on I haven't heard from you in a few days. Did you find anything?" I fired off questions.

"Not just anything." He stood to one side and on the screen came my dad.

"Hey Sweetie, you miss me?" He gave a very tired smile

"Daddy?" I felt relief wash over me as I began sobbing in happiness that he was safe and alive.

---------

I watched with Pepper and Happy as the air force plane landed an ambulance was on stand by waiting for my father. It slowly came to a stop the back opened up. Uncle Rhodey helped him off the plane. Once he was safely off I ran over and wrapped my arms around him. He grunted slightly from the impact. But his free hand wrapped around my waist and his face in my neck for a moment. I pulled away and took everything that was my father in. Then I slapped him around the head.

"You stupid son of a bitch. How many times do I have to tell you, need to be careful in a waring country. You should have gone with Rhodey. I have been worried sick" He and everyone chuckled

"I missed you too, Princess." he kissed my head. He then looked to the side as a gurney was coming over.

"Are you kidding me with this? Get rid of them." Dad says and Uncle Rhodey gestures them away. I give Rhodey a hug and thank him for bringing my Dad home. I then took him over to Pepper and Happy. Pepper like me had been crying for the silly man that's my father.

"Humm, your eyes are red. Few tears for your long lost boss?" Dad jokingly questioned

"Tears of joy. I hate job hunting."

"Rubbish, you know I would never get rid of the only other person that can actually tolerate everything that is my father." I smirk leaning my head on my Dad's shoulder.

"Well you two, vacations over. Come on you, I'm not letting you anytime soon." Dad says taking my hand. Aww.

"Your soft side is showing."

"Well I have just escaped from being held hostage for three months, cut me some slack." He rolled his eyes leading me over to the car he gave Happy and nod and a smile. We both got into the car and I closed the door.

"Where to sir?" Happy question

"Take us to the hospital please, Happy." I told him

"No." Dad denied

"No? Daddy, you have to go to the hospital. The doctor has to look at you." I told him, he may not have want to go in a ambulance and that was fine but he needed to be checked over at least.

"No, is a complete answer. I don't have to do anything."

"But you will if you value my sanity. How about this we'll have a doctor come to the house and..." he cut me off.

"Reign, Reign. I know you're worried and you care about me. but I've been in captivity for three months and there is only three things I want right now. I want a cheeseburger, I want you, Pepper to call a press conference and I want you my amazing daughter to stay by my my side and not mother hen me."