Chapter Eight - In front of entitled men

We arrive for the hearing and I sat with my Dad up front. He was talking about how we should get some food after this.

"Mr Stark, could we pick up now where we left off? Mr Stark Please." Senator Stern called and slapped his arm and gestured that he should be paying attention.

"Yes Dear." I smiled a little at my Dad's antics

"Can I have your attention?" Stern asked

"Absolutely." Dad cheekily replied

"Do you or do you know possess a specialised weapon?" Stern questioned. I crossed my legs and rested my hands on my lap, I knew what they were trying to do, they were trying to get their grubby hands on our suits.

"We do not." Dad answered

"You do not?"

"We do not. Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon." Dad continued.

"The Iron Man and the Iron Daughter weapon." Stern answered

"Our devices do not fit that description. Senator." I leaned forward to talk. The senator raised an eyebrow surprised that I had spoken

"Well how would you define it, Miss Stark." I glanced at my Dad and he had the look that said give em hell.

"I would describe it by defining it as what it it, Senator. A high tech prosthesis... that's how we described it, right?" I turn my head as the crowed chuckled

"You got it. That's actually the most apt description."

"It's a weapon. It's a weapon Miss Stark." Stern chipped in and I scoffed

"Please you wouldn't know a weapon if it tried to tickle you on the ass. If your priority was the wellbeing of the American Citizen...."

"The priority is to get the Iron Man and Daughter Weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America."

"Well, you can dream on because your hands are never touching our suits. We are the Iron Man and Iron Daughter. We're one in the same, to turn them over would be turning over ourselves and I don't know about you Dad but that sounds a lot like indentured servitude or prostitution  , meh depending on your state. I honestly don't know how many ways I have to say you can't have them." there was another chuckle and I sat back

"Look, I'm no expert..."

"In Prostitution? Of course not your a Senator. Come On." Dad took over then glanced back at Pepper. I did to and gave her a pouty look, she shook her head.

"In weapons. I'd now like to call Justin Hammer our current primary weapons contractor. The sleezeball entered

"Let the record show that I observed Mr Hammer entering the chamber, and I am wondering if and when any actual expert will also be in attendance." Dad commented. I started giggling. Hammer gave a nervous laugh before drinking some water.

"Absolutely. I'm no expert. I defer to you, Anthony and your protege Reign. Senator if I may? I may well not be an expert but you know who was the expert? Your Dad, Howard Stark." sleazy stood up to address everyone.

"Really a father to us all to the military industrial age." I knew Grandpa was a sore subject for my Dad. I grabbed my Dad's hand. "Let's just be clear, he was no flower child. He was a lion. We all know why we're here. In the last six months Anthony and Reign Stark have created a sword with untold possibilities. And yet they insist it's a shield. They ask us to trust them as we cower behind it. I wish I was comforted Anthony I really do. I'd love to leave my door unlocked when I leave the house. But this ain't Canada. We live in a world of grave threats, threats that the Starks will not always be able to foresee. Thank you. God Bless the Irons and Godless America."