Chap 26: The Devil's Origin - Jasper's Backstory Part 1.

During the fierce moment of the battle between the 50 soldiers Children Of Eirene and a horde of undead. Only for a second, Jasper is reminded of his entire life once again, the memories casts his mind for a short moment.

10 years ago.

"Hey, idiot! What did you say about my dudes, eh!?" A blue figure was in front of Jasper, or.. to be exact, James, it was his name before.. the event.

The blue figure stomps on James, who was knocked to the wall laying on the floor recovering from the impact of the push he received.

"I said.. you.. ARE SCUM!" James said as he pulls on the blue figure's leg and slam him onto the floor, standing right back on his feet.

"You think i'm just gonna stand here and watch you beat up other innocent student for no reason?! Look at them, they barely even know how to launch a punch properly." James grits his teeth, using his thumb to wipe off the blood on his nose before continuing.

"And you don't know how to as well, i believe." James chuckled, provoking the bullies, James was 10 at the time, he was a 4th grader but was standing up to 5th graders.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?! YOU'RE DEAD, KID!" The bullies charged at him, James was getting ganged on but it wasn't a trouble to him. He breathes slowly, his face slowly turning cold and almost expressionless. James calmly dodge and block the punches and counter the bullies with ease despite not knowing any real martial art techniques.

"GAH!" The kids around cheered as James was in advantage, the bullies were being humiliated, three of them were fighting a younger kid yet they were losing.

"Is that all you got? Come on, calm down and fight more calmly. Or is it possible that what i said about you guys not knowing how to launch a punch properly..true?" James provoked them again, the bully he slammed onto the wall just a minute ago attacked him from the behind. James falls onto the ground hitting his head onto the door.

"Ouch, that will hurt.. Is he alright?" The kids around closed their eyes upon seeing the hard hit on the head.

"Agh.. Okay. You got me there." James stood up once again, breathing heavily. The fight continued, but it was quick, James was beating them brutally but.. he wasn't happy about it after the fight, even though he made them retreat back into their class.

The bell rang, none of the students reported the fight to the teachers luckily.

"James! That was awesome! How do you keep such a cool face when you feel threatened!? Dude, look at their faces! Haha, you taught them a lesso-"

"Not cool, dude." James replied coldly to his friend, who had witnessed the battle.

"What's so cool about trying to be superior? Why do people always have to prove that they are better than others?" James held his hands together, lowering his head.

"I dont understand." He said in a low tone of voice.

Years passed, James was still praised as if he was some sort of boss, but that slowly ended after he moved to secondary school, the bullying continued, but this time he didn't handle it as well as how he did back in primary school.

"HAHAHA, YOU'RE SO FUNNY! I WISH I COULD JUST TEAR YOU APART, OH WAIT! I'M GONNA DO IT.. NOW!" James got in a fight again, once again, with somebody older than him.

However, this time, he didn't win. The fight was stopped by the spectators because it was getting too violent. James went back to his class, sitting down on his chair harshly as if he collapses down onto it.

"I used to fight better.." James thought to himself, looking at his palm. The memories of when he fought the bullies in primary school flashes inside of his head, James used to take these situations very calmly and defend himself effective. But now.. he's way too hot-headed, James lost his cool as he grows up and is no longer a great fighter.

"AAAHAHAHA! LOOK AT YOU, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO!?" Not too long after that, he got in another fight with three yellow stickmen, this time he it wasn't easy as the three of them are all physically more grown than him.

"Ugh.." James was getting a bit tired, but luckily right that moment a teacher arrived, cutting off the fight. The three guys fleed but James was put into detention.

His days continued in secondary school, once again bullied but he was no longer strong enough to defend himself. James didn't know why, why was he so weak? The bullies were getting stronger and stronger, the amount of gangs in schools skyrocketed.

James was now only a victim. He couldn't do much about it, he could try fighting, but then once again, he would lose.

"DAMN IT!" James screamed to release his anger in the middle of a green field.

About James, he lives.. with his parents, who are always away on bussiness trips. His family was rich, and he had enough money to take care of himself while they are away, but he was lonely. His parents are never home to listen to anything he has to say, they don't even care to check on his studies or come to parent meetings at his school.

His grief, his loneliness, his anger. Somebody felt it.

"Ah, i sense negative emotions. How interesting, what's your name, boy?" A strange man in red cloak and a black fedora sat beside James, he didn't even know since when was he there.

"Uh.. James.. Barreta?" James replied.

"Ah, hmm.." The man took a closer look at him, there's no mistakes, James is filled with negative energy.

"Poor boy, what have you gone through? My name is Sore, You can tell me." The man spoke, with a little smile on his face, it was a bit awkward and James still refused to tell but finally he opened up to the strange man.

. . .

"I see. Would you like.. a chance, to get what you have lost? Your sweet.. vengeance." Sore chuckled evily, offering James a handshake, he gives off an aura to lure James into accepting his offer and.. James couldn't resist.

"Great! You will now learn how to use demonic energy! It's called.. Anti Magic." Sore said.

"Anti..Magic? What does it do?" James asked in confusion.

"A type of magic, that drains life out of anyone you use it on. Quite a dangerous ability, now will you.. let me teach you?" Sore explained then offered. 

"..Yes." James accepted. And so his training began, James trained his physical abilities as well as his mental abilities, he learned how to control and create a rage. 

"Come on, hit me! Use your anger!" Sore shouted, they were having a training. 

"HERE, I COME, HHYAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" James charged at him, throwing a punch at Sore's face. He didn't dodge, he just took the punch, because.. 

"It's way too weak." Sore snatched his arm and slammed him onto the ground, James could feel both his energy and motivation being drained. 

"BWAGH! NO MORE, PLEASE, NO MORE!" James screamed, as his master sighed and sat onto the ground. 

"If i hit you too much your demotivation and life will be sucked out of you, and you won't be able to train anymore. So, learn by yourself." Sore said in pure disappointment. 

"I am.. still.. WEAK!"

END OF CHAP 26.