Diagon Alley

Life at the Burrow was as different as possible from life at Wools.

The matrons liked everything neat and ordered, kids fitting in the boxes they thought should fit the 'mold'. The Weasley's house, on the other hand,  burst with the strange and unexpected.

Cassiopeia had erupted into a giggling fit when Harry had looked in the mirror over the kitchen mantelpiece and it shouted, "Tuck your shirt in, scruffy!".

There was a ghoul in the attic that howled and dropped pipes whenever the house got too quiet and mini explosions sounded from Fred and George's room hourly.

About two days into their stay, Cassiopeia had worked up the nerve to approach the twins. She had shyly shuffled over, glancing at Harry with every other step. The twins had of course noticed her approaching and had patiently sat at their seats in the living room, giving her a chance to come on her own time. With their patience and Harry's reassuring nods of encouragement, Cassiopeia had asked them what the explosions were.

"We make potions-" Fred, the twin with more freckles clustered near his left cheek, began. He had a semi-deep baritone voice, slightly raspy but not croaking.

"They're pranks we plan to use at Hogwarts," George, the twin with more freckles clustered near his right cheek, continued. His voice also held a baritone, raspy note; however, it was softer than his brothers.

Cassiopeia's eyes lit up and she bounced in place, hair flying with each bounce "You make your own pranks? You don't just use other products?"

Exchanging sly looks, the twins stood and beckoned the younger girl to follow them.

"Of course,"  Fred announced, bowing at the waist.

"We make our-" George followed, winking cheekily at Cassiopeia who giggled.

"Own products-"

"Have to practice"

"Somehow." They ended, voices in sync.

"Wicked," Cassiopeia breathed, awe notable in her voice.

Harry watched with wide eyes, shaking his head and walking backwards out of the room. Oh, Merlin. He eyed the trio as Cassiopeia's head bobbed like a bottle head and as she proceeded to follow the twins upstairs. I was never here. I'm not responsible for this.

When a louder explosion was heard throughout the house a few hours later Harry face planted onto his borrowed bed in Ron's room, ignoring the questioning glance the slightly older boy shot him. This isn't going to end well.

Aside from learning how the twins made and planned their pranks, Cassiopeia could be found battering Percy with seemingly endless questions. One night after dinner the older boy had pulled Harry aside, a pleading look etched on his face, and has whisper-asked how much longer would Cassiopeia have questions.

Ignoring the slight envy he felt, Harry had smirked and patted Percy's arm. "She always has questions." And had walked away smugly as Percy groaned and slumped against the wall.

Besides, Harry thought, pulling out a sheet of parchment he had begun to write on earlier in the summer, he won't have to worry about Peia's questions for much longer. Harry underlined 'Wizarding Culture' on his list again, ensuring it was marked.

At dinner, Cassiopeia and Harry both enjoyed speaking with Mr. Weasley about the muggle world. He bombarded the two of them with questions about life with muggles, asking them to explain how things like plugs and the postal service worked.

Cassiopeia, much to Harry's amused exasperation, took great pleasure in explaining to Mr. Weasley the purpose of a rubber duck. "Well," she had begun somberly, a mischievous twinkle in her gray eyes that had Harry groaning to himself. "Most children are scared to take a bath by themselves, muggles have these water monsters you see."