20: Fall of Beacon

Začít od začátku

Ruby: Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?

Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowers her gaze sadly.

Ruby: Weiss? What is it?

Weiss steps aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake and Yang lying on the ground. Both girls have bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter is unconscious. Behind them sit Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren, who are too battered and bruised to fight. Mimaran and Atlesian medics are with them as they treat their injuries before they get flown out. Blake reaches over and places her hand on Yang's.

Blake: I'm sorry.

She gets tears in her eyes while Ruby reaches out and opens her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she doesn't know what to say.

Blake curls up, closing her eyes.

Blake: I'm so sorry.

Ruby: Yang...

Ruby then notices Sun walking over.

Sun: Hey. She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale.

Qrow runs up to the group.

Qrow: Alright kids, we need to get you all out of here. Your friends, Jaune and Pyrrha are already on the air bus, so let's go.

The medics help Ren and Nora stand and carry Blake and Yang on stretchers to the air bus in question. Weiss and Sun follow them while Ruby stands there for a moment. She looks back at Beacon, to see the smoke and Grimm in the distance. Ruby remembers when she first came here and was so happy. Now, not even a full year later, she has to leave because of this. Ruby looks forward and prepares to step forward to the air bus until she heard Inquisitor Locke's voice.

Locke: Miss Rose, a moment of your time?

Ruby looks to the Inquisitor, who was standing near a Valkyrie gunship as it took off. The Inquisitor looked....so calm despite everything. Is he used to this sort of thing?

Ruby: I don't think it's a good time. We need to go.

Locke: I'm in need of your services, though. Are you willing to help?

Ruby raises an eyebrow.

Ruby: On what?

The Inquisitor motions her to follow him. He walks straight towards Beacon Tower. Ruby, out of curiosity, decides to follow him. Qrow looks over from the air bus and sees Ruby and Locke walking towards the Grimm.

Qrow: What are they-?

He decides to follow after them.

As Ruby and Locke head into the courtyard, Ruby sees all of the bodies of Mimarans, Atlesians, students, and White Fang, disturbed by the sight.

Locke: Not a pleasant sight, is it?

Ruby: It's horrible...

The Wyvern's massive wings hit the CCT tower, causing the transmitter to fall and a portion of the tower getting destroyed. Ruby hears from a nearby radio that was attached to the uniform of a dead Mimaran trooper.

Pilot: The CCT tower is down! All outside communication has been cut!

Ruby: How are we supposed to stop that Grimm?

Locke: That is what you're here for.

Ruby looks at him with a confused look.

Ruby: Um, I think I'd need a bigger Crescent Rose to kill it.

Locke: Not with your scythe. I need your eyes.

Ruby blinks.

Ruby: Heh? Like, you need me to keep an eye on something?