But he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, so he quickly turned around and bashed his elbow into whoever was behind him.

The person he had just elbowed was Garfiel Tinzel.

Garfiel: Argh! Fuck! What the hell was that fo-

He paused as his angry expression went away and turned into one of caution.

Mamoru wondered why the change occured, was there something funny on his face or something?

Mamoru: Oh, sorry about that. I'm just a bit TENSE after a few events that happened just now. So I'd appreciate it if you didn't touch me RIGHT NOW.

His words sounded mad, like he couldn't help but laugh to himself every word he spoke.

Garfiel looked slightly nervously at Mamoru, right now the white haired boy was standing over the seemingly unconcious or even dead body of the Archbishop with blood running down his mouth with a crazed smile on his face.

Mamoru: So, mister Gafiel. Why are you bothering me now? I'm rather busy you see?

Garfiel was silent for a few seconds before he cleared his throat and answered.

Garfiel: Uh, well...My amazing self thinks it's for tha better if we keep the cultist alive, he might get us information...?

The last part of those words sounded more like a question as Garfiel felt somewhat tense in the current situation.

The white haired Mabeast was silent for what felt like days to Garfiel, he then looked up as the moonlight made clear that the blood on Mamoru's mouth wasn't just some unlucky accident but something more intentional.

The young Mabeast then chuckled to himself as he looked back down at Garfiel.

Mamoru: Yea. I suppose...That's fine.

Mamoru put the cleaver on his back as his back opened up and swallowed the cleaver whole, his back then closed up as he looked at Garfiel with a confused smile on his face.

Mamoru: Uh...What's with that face?

Garfiel shook his head, but Mamoru could see sweat drops fall down his forehead.

Mamoru simply decided to let it go for now as he picked himself up with the Unseen Hands and started flying towards the Sanctuary.

Before he left though, he made sure to ask where Meili was, which Garfiel responded by pointing at Meili who was sitting alone infront of the burning mansion.

As Mamoru flew with him flying right above the trees, he really hoped both Subaru and Beatrice were alright. He knew that Beatrice was strong, but this was the Great Rabbit they were dealing with.

After a couple of minutes, he noticed that the sun started to come up, but that was irrelevant as he was just arriving at the Sanct-

And they were celebrating.

Good thing, really. It seems like they managed to kill the Great Rabbit somehow. A huge sense of relief washed over Mamoru as he looked at Subaru who was spinning Beatrice around in his arms while telling her how much he cares for her.

For a moment, Mamoru felt a tinge of jelousy in his heart, but quickly pushed it back down as he landed down and walked towards the group.

Beatrice was the first to notice him. Her mood became even brighter than before, but she seemed to notice something that caused her expression to turn into one of concern.

Mamoru didn't really get why, did he have something on his face?

Mamoru: I'm surprised that you two seem so close, I'd figured that it take another year or t- wait a minute, why are you looking at me like that?

Mamoru tilted his head as Subaru, Beatrice, Emilia and all of the other villagers turned their heads towards him. All of them looked slightly horrified.

Subaru: M-Mamoru...? What's up with the blood on your mouth?

Mamoru: Oh, don't worry! It's not mine!

Subaru: That makes it worse!

*later*

After Subaru had explained what had happened between him and Beatrice along with the defeat of the Great Rabbit, Mamoru had started to tell them about his own battle.

Subaru: So, you fought Lust along with Gluttony, but that Gluttony wasn't the Gluttony that took Rem's memory away?

Mamoru: Yea.

Subaru: You also "unlocked" a new power from you Envy Witch factor thingy?

Mamoru: Yep.

Subaru: You also pulled out a cleaver out of your back, along with the fact that that cleaver was an actual living thing?

Mamoru: That's how my clothes got ruined.

Subaru: Not only that, but you decided to eat a chunk of flesh out of the Archbishop...Because...?

Mamoru: I got hungry?

Subaru, Mamoru and Beatrice were sitting next to eachother on the steps to the Witch Tomb, with Beatrice sitting inbetween them.

Subaru put his hands on his face as he gave a long sigh.

Subaru: So, where is the Archbishop?

Mamoru: I left him with Garfiel. I'm sure that he'll be able to capture him without issue!

Subaru deadpanned as he stared at Mamoru.

Subaru: And you think so...Why?

Mamoru laughed happily while scratching the back of his head.

Mamoru: Well, I did kind of eat his arms, so he isn't really in a state to fight back.

The white haired boy looked at him father with a dumb smile on his face, while Subaru left eyebrow twitched slightly.

Beatrice: Even if the act itself is disgusting, I suppose it's fine if Mamoru's the one doing it.

The blond loli didn't seem to care about the method Mamoru had used to defeat the Archbishops as she simply held both her new contractor's hand and Mamoru's hand.

Subaru: No hold on! I don't think we should sweep this whole canibalism thing under the rug!

Mamoru blinked blankly before smiling and standing up while letting go of Beatrice's hand.

Mamoru: Well, if the problem is canibalism...Then there is no problem! I'm not human after all!

Mamoru started to walk away while Subaru's words got stuck in his mouth as he tried to find something to say.

He was going towards the old church, he'll wait for everyone else there. Even if he's way to early, he needed to do something before this whole ordeal was wrapped up.

As he walked inside, he looked around before finding a nice somewhat comfy wall to lay against, he wasn't going to be sleeping for long...Or at all, but it would certainly look like that to anyone else.

He sat down as he closed his eyes and said...

Mamoru: Echidna.

Once he opened his eyes, he was no longer in the church, but in the dream world created by the Witch of Greed.

He got off of the grass as he looked at the house that the Witch's decided to make their home and everything seemed peaceful.

He looked down at his body, once again rather than taking his current actual form he was currently in an older version of his body.

Although he then looked to the side of the house. A small table with tea and cookies on it. Along with two chairs and an umbrella to block out the sun.

One of those chairs was occupied. Echidna looked at him with eyes filled with curiosity.

For a moment, neither spoke. Although Mamoru was quick to make a comment about something.

Mamoru: Do you just sit there all day or something?

About 1800 words.