Chapter 17- Secrets

TW: Self Harm

* * * * * * * *
After everything that happened between Natasha and Yelena, we have decided it would be best not to date.

When we stopped speaking, no one asked questions. When we stopped acknowledging each other, no one said anything. When we stopped training together, no one did anything.

It became normal for us to go out of our way not to have to look at each other. Even Natasha wasn't speaking to me.

School was going ok. I had Peter, MJ and Ned. Everyone still made fun of me. It had started to effect me more than I realised. I would go to sleep with the mean comments swirling round my head. It had caused my panic attacks to become more frequent; though I never told anyone.

Then it happened.

I was in the shower when the blade fell of my razor. I pressed it to my wrist gently and liked the way it felt. I pressed harder and felt the blade split my skin. A red river flowed down my hand, mixing with the clear water from the shower. I moved my wrist so it was under the water and turned the heat up. The sting felt incredible.

I moved the blade against my skin again and again until I forced myself to stop and turn the shower off.

I dried myself off and slipped on some sweatpants and a hoodie to cover my now painful wrist. I liked the pain as it made me feel something. For just over a year, I'd become numb. The last time I'd actually felt anything was when I kissed Yelena.

My dad was in his lab when I entered. I went over to see what he was working on and was impressed when I saw the blueprints of J.A.R.V.I.S laid out.
"Hey! Whatcha working on?" I asked.
"A surprise." He said.
"Wow. Secretive much." I mutter and turn to leave.

Morgan was playing with Barbies in her room. I join her and we play for a while before she decides to do something else as she gets 'bored'.

We paint for about half an hour and I've just about finished my landscape when Mom walks in. She tells us that we need to have a chat. I follow her into the kitchen where we sit down at the table.

"Talk to me sweetie. What's going on with Yelena?"
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I tell her, holding back my tears.
"That's the problem. You two are good for each other."
"But so many people don't want it to happen."
"Y/N! You don't usually care what other people think!"
"Yeah..."
"Go get your girl."