Chapter 15- Spin The Bottle

"Hey dad! Auntie Nat said you wanted to see me? Something about a.. party?!" I smirked.
"Yep. To celebrate your new friend, Yelena, joining us at the compound."
"Any excuse for a party, huh?" I laughed.
"You love it!" I love you, I thought.

Don't get me wrong, I love parties, but what I love more is the planning because I get to spend time with my dad. Glancing over him, I looked at him properly for the first time in a while.

His eyes where more sunken than they used to be, the shadows under them intensified. He looked thinner to. He'd obviously been skipping breakfast. Maybe even lunch. His hands shook ever so slightly, showing his increased coffee intake. I was mad at myself for not noticing this sooner. I could of helped.

* * * * * * * *

An hour and a hell of a lot of phone call later, the party was ready. Natasha had been tasked to keep Yelena away from the 5th floor (the floor that was always used for parties) while me, dad and many of his employees set it up.

When the clock struck 5 o'clock I made my way to my room to begin getting dressed. Having a quick shower to freshen myself up first, I picked out my favourite dress and some black high heels. After putting on my favourite sliver earrings and a silver heart shaped necklace, I was ready.

(The dress looks something like this)

An hour later, Yelena was led into the room by Natasha with a blindfold coving her eyes

"Surprise!" We all yelled when the blindfold was whipped off.

It was then that I caught a glimpse of the real her. Not the tough, stubborn character that she portrays, the kind yet broken person she really is. Her eyes flashed with multiple emotions for just a second; sadness, happiness and fear. It was so quick that I would have missed it if I had blinked.

My dad walked over to greet her and hand her a glass vodka before looking around and gesturing for me to go to them.

"Hey!" I said when I got to them.
"Hey княгиня!" God her speaking in Russian was so ridiculously hot.
"Your not the only one who can speak in another language imbécile." I joke.
"I speak French to. The Red Room makes you learn Russian, French, Spanish and Polish." She tells me.

Instantly I feel bad. I forgot that she was cycled through the Red Room like Nat.
"Lena I'm sorry. I forgot.."
"Y/N/N it's fine. You look incredible by the way!"
"Thanks! You look beautiful to."

It's only then that I look at her outfit for the first time. She's wearing a black strapless top with a cream jacket and pants over them.

(This)

"Hey do you wanna go get some more drinks at the bar?" She asks, her eyes soft as she looks at me

"Yeah!" I smile.

* * * * * * *

3 hours later, there are only a handful of people left at the party. Them people are me, Natasha, Yelena, Wanda, Peter, Bucky, Maria Hill, dad and Kate. After ensuring everyone has yet another drink, dad decided it would be fun to play spin the bottle.

I'm currently sat opposite Yelena and in between Natasha and Peter. So far, Natasha has kissed Maria, Kate has kissed Peter and Wanda has kissed Bucky. It's my turn to spin the bottle. Everyone watches me expectantly as I spin it as hard as I could.

It begins to slow down and come to a stop, pointing towards... oh. The bottle points directly at Yelena. Natasha smiles. Dad looks a bit annoyed. Kate and Wanda look at each other and smile.

Me and Yelena get up and walk towards each other. We meet in the middle and stand awkwardly for a minute.
"Oh get on with it." Kate says as she rolls her eyes.

I lean forward and my lips collide with Yelena's. It feels incredible, like 2 pieces of a puzzle fitting together. I smile slightly as I pull away. Yelena is stood there in shock.
"I umm I need to... I should go to bed now. Thanks for the party Tony." She says and hurry's away.

My smile drops and tears spring to your eyes. I wanted to kick myself for being so stupid. I mumble something about also needing to go to bed and hang my head as I run out.

I reach my room and slide down against my bed, letting myself sob. Following a soft knock, the door is pushed open to reveal dad. He walks in and closes the door behind him.

Seeing me so vulnerable makes him want to cry. It brings back memories of when I first arrived at the compound and it makes him feel helpless; a feeling that is not normal for the great Tony Stark.

Sliding down next to me, he pulls me into him.
"I feel so stupid." I tell him.
"Stupid? Why?" He asks.
"I should of expected that. Of course she doesn't like me." I cry.
"Y/N no. If she doesn't like you, she's the stupid one. You are an incredible, smart, beautiful, kind girl who deserves to be treated like a queen; whether that be from a man or a woman."
"Thank you." I whisper.
"Always."

We are interrupted by yet another knock at the door. Natasha walks in. I can see a shadow lurking behind her but I don't react.
"Yelena wants to talk to you." Was all she said before stepping back.

Dad got up and they both left as Yelena stepped into the doorway.
"Hey. I should explain."