Chapter 16- Sorry

I said nothing as she shut the door and walked towards me. She hovered awkwardly, unsure where to sit. I patted the ground next to me and she let out a tiny sigh of relief before sinking down next to me. I turned to face her, crossing my legs and waiting for my explanation.

After a minute, she took a deep breath and tried to figure out her next sentence.
"I think I like you," she whispered, "but I shouldn't. I can't. 1 Natasha doesn't know I'm gay..."
"She does now." I scoffed.
"2 I've spent so long building up walls to protect myself, I don't know how to stop. And 3 I'm not good enough for you. You deserve someone who can give you everything. I can't. The only thing I have to offer is myself." Yelena looked down sadly as she finished and I instantly felt guilty for feeling angry at her.

I stood up and moved to sit on my bed. She followed and we sat opposite each other; the air tense.
"Your enough. I don't need everything. I need someone who will love me and protect me and care for me as I will for them." I tell her.
"I take back what I said before. I don't think I like you. I know I like you." She said shyly.
"Good because I like you to." I took her hands from where they were placed in her lap and held them.

Yelena lent forwards and her lips met mine. It wasn't at all awkward like last time. It was sweet and passionate. We were both smiling uncontrollably and blushing when we parted.
"It's late. We both need to sleep. I'll see you in the morning ok?" She tells me as she leans her forehead against mine. I sigh but agree. She kisses me again as she gets up.

Reaching the door, Yelena looks back at me and smiles.
"Night princess." She whispers.
"Night Lena." I whisper back.

* * * * * * * * * * *

I'm pulled out of my sweet dreams by the sound of yelling coming from the kitchen. Shoving my feet into my slippers, I went to investigate.

Natasha and Yelena were arguing and dad was watching them. I spied Morgan sat behind the doorway listening and she gave me a cheeky smile when she realised she had been caught.

Once I'd taken her back to her room, I went back to the kitchen to find out what was going on.

"NO YELENA! LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE IN YOUR GODDAMN LIFE." Natasha screamed.

"NO. YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHO I CAN AND CAN'T DATE!" Was Yelena's reply.

"I'M TRYING TO PROTECT YOU. AND Y/N. JUST TRUST ME."

"WELL I DON'T TRUST YOU. I WAS TOLD THAT SOMETIMES ITS OKAY TO TRUST PEOPLE BUT THIS... THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM TIMES."

I stormed in and walked over to Yelena. I took her hand and Natasha glared at our entwined fingers. "Yelena doesn't need protecting. And neither do I."   I told her calmly.
"Y/N stay out of this." Natasha said through gritted teeth.
"No."
"Y/N. You need to go back to your room ok? Stay there and I'll come get you when this is over." Yelena whispered into my ear.
"I'm not leaving." I whispered back.
"I'm gonna be fine. You need to go."
"Okay." Admitting defeat, I let my glare drop and turned away.

Walking back to my room, I head footsteps behind me. I knew who it was.
"I'm sorry dad."
"What? You have nothing to be sorry for. C'mon let's go into your room. I think we need to talk."

* * * * * * * *

I laid next to him on my bed, both of us staring at the ceiling.
"So you like her?" He asked finally.
"Yeah. Are you mad?" I replied.
"Not mad. Proud of you for doing something that will make you happy."
"Love you."
"Love you more."

~ Natasha's POV ~

I watched as Yelena walked out of Y/N's room. She didn't know, but I'd heard their whole conversation. I hadn't been purposely listening, the door was open slightly and their voices travel.

When I heard what was going on, I got annoyed. I don't know why. I think it was because I'd spent so long trying to protect Y/N, and now my sister, that I was so scared of her getting hurt I couldn't bear it. So, just like I'd done before, I let out my fear on the people I love.

I agued with Yelena until I was red in the face. She told me that she liked Y/N and that I was being unfair. She told me that I didn't control her. She told me that I couldn't tell her who she could and couldn't date.

I told her that I was trying to protect her. I told her that I loved her and that I only wanted to help. I told her that there were things she didn't and couldn't understand.

Then Y/N walked in. Shit, I thought. This wasn't supposed to happen. I... I. Suddenly I felt stupid but I continued acting angry. She walked over and stood with Yelena, holding her hand. Her eyes bore into my head but I couldn't meat her eye.

They began whispering with each other, and finally Y/N relented and went back to her room. Tony followed. Yelena glared at me once more before storming away.

I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands. I don't know what I was thinking. How could I fix this? Could I even fix this?