Chapter 10- Talk To Me

I headed towards the kitchen, where I knew my Dad was, with Auntie Nat behind me. I saw him as soon as I stepped into the room. His head in his hands. A cup of coffee half drunk in front of him.

Nat nodded at me and gave me an encouraging smile. I did my best to smile back before clearing my throat to announce my arrival. Dad looked up at me and sighed before looking down again.

"Dad? I want to explain." I told him.
"Yeah? You didn't want to do that half an hour ago when you stormed off to your room and locked the door." He shouted. I felt tears well in my eyes and looked up at Nat for support.

She squeezed my shoulder to let me know she was there but her eyes were glaring at the side of Tony's head. She walked over to him angrily and stopped just a few steps away.
"Listen to your goddamn daughter Tony. What happened wasn't her fault. You need to fucking listen." She hissed. I smiled slightly, comforted by the knowledge that she would always be on my side.

Tony looked at me and gestured to the seat next to him. I walked over cautiously.
"Fine. Talk to me. Explain what was going through your usually sensible head that made to hurt him." He said, his voice almost a whisper.

"He tried to hurt me. They made fun of me all day. Through lessons, at lunch, walking from class to class. The whispers were always there. Following me. Constant criticism about my looks, my  lack of confidence. Then while I was doing push-ups, this boy walked up to me. He started making fun of me so I ignored him. But then he put his foot on my back and tried to put his full weight this on home. I grabbed his foot and pushed him back to get him off me. I didn't push him hard; he just stumbled a bit. Then he lunged at me again. I caught his fist before he hit me and twisted it. Fairly hard. But I made sure I stopped before he got seriously injured. I'm not a monster. Well, you seem to think I am." I whisper the last sentence, my voice breaking with the hurt I was feeling.

"Y/N I don't think you're a monster. I just could not, for the life of me, understand what made you do that. Now I understand. I'm still a little disappointed, but I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself and not letting him walk all over you. Quite literally." He chuckled at the last part. I however, did nothing.

My mind was ticking and I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. I decided it was just stress and didn't say anything. I put on a weak yet fairly convincing smile and after a few minutes excused myself back to my room.

After checking the time with J.A.R.V.I.S, I put on my favourite plaid pyjamas and brushed my hair. Pulling back my duvet, I sunk into my sheets. It took me just a matter of minutes to fall into a deep sleep.