Merida x Male! Reader

Fluff.

Request by NghtFury95

Request by NghtFury95. I hope you like it!

You had been travelling the kingdoms of Scotland for nearly two whole years now, and you've been planning to go to a great land called DunBroch for as long as you could remember. You were so excited for this journey, you would finally prove your archery skills to the village, even maybe show the Royals. But that's not likely to happen.

Is it?

...

After around five days of travel, you were finally at DunBroch, it had been a tiring journey there, you and your horse, Philip, were exhausted. As you were riding to the village gates, you were stopped by a guard.

"What brings you here in DunBroch?" He asked.

"Oh, sorry, I'm here to entertain the village, I'm an archer." You said nervously.

"Sorry, no entrance unless exclusively invited by the Royals."

"Oh, come on, José, he seems harmless", you heard a woman say, she had long, curly red hair and bright, crystal blue eyes, "let him in, besides, it might be nice to have another archer around."

"Right away, your highness." The guard let you in, the woman gave you a wink, rode away on her horse, hair flowing in the wind, bow and arrow on her back.

As you entered the village, you set up near a river where Philip could rest, and set up for the night, excited for the day ahead of you.

It was early morning, and you got up out of your tent, and fed Philip his breakfast and packed up to walk to entertain the village.
As you set up your equipment, you were finally ready, you grabbed the attention of some passers-by, and showed them what you were capable of, to your amazement, they seemed impressed and soon more people came to watch. By the end of the day, there were around more than eighty people, clapping and cheering as you hit the target every time you tried, even with your eyes closed, you even taught some people how to do it with your uncanny marksmanship and helpfulness in how to even look after your equipment.
But eventually, the day was over, and you had to pack up your things, the crowd looked disappointed.

"Don't worry, everyone. I'll be here tomorrow!" You shouted.

Everyone was now whistling out of joy at that statement. And you smiled, got up, and left the village centre.

...

The next day you were performing again to the village, and in the crowd, you saw a familiar face, it was that girl from a couple of days before, but that didn't distract you from your performance, and hit that target, staring at her. Everyone applauded, and she just smirked at you, you smiling back.