25| 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Part 1 of double update.

Ayla/Dove's POV
Age: 10
Location: Ricci's Mansion, New York

When we get back, a group of doctors rushes to get Alessandro to the medical wing with his parents and brother close behind.

My parents head upstairs to my father's office, followed by my aunts and uncles and my two eldest brothers. Ella and her family seem to have left before we arrived. I saw Donna's bike on the way in, so I know she's still here....somewhere.

Glancing down at my hands, I realise I got some of Alessandro's blood on my hands and shirt while helping Alex in the helicopter.

I walk up to my room, undisturbed, and head into the bathroom.

Raising myself onto my toes slightly, I turn on the faucet and place my hands under the slightly cold water. I watch as the blood washes off my hands and into sink with a reddish color.

I watch the water until the dark reddish hue turns lighter and lighter until there's no color at all. I turn off the faucet and walk out of the bathroom.

I'm not surprised to see Donna on my bed when I come out.

She narrows her eyes at me."There's blood on your shirt."

"It's not mine," I say as I start to walk to my closet for a new shirt. Donna grabs my arm to stop me.

"Let me wash it before your parents see. They'll freak out."

I relent and slip the shirt over my head, leaving me in my black camisole I chose to wear under it. Donna disappears into my bathroom with the bloody shirt in hand while I slip into my closet.

It isn't completely full yet, but there a lot of options to choose from. My brothers seem to have good taste.

Even though I have plenty of options to choose from, I decide to go find Luca's room and raid his closet for one of his hoodie. I know it'll make him happy.

Quietly, I sneak down the hall to my second eldest brother's room. No one seems to be in the hallways or nearby, so I don't bother trying to muffle my steps.

When I open his door, my mouth falls open in surprise. I haven't seen any of my brother's rooms yet, but I know that his has to be the most plain.

His room is quite bare. There's not a lot of personalization. His walls are a light shade of grey, and his bed has black and white pillows and blankets. There's no desk, but one large white bookshelf next the door of his walk in closet.

As I get closer, I realize they're all scincey and math books. At least that's what I assume from only looking at the names.

He probably spends all his time in the lab instead of in his room. Now I wonder if his lab is more personalised to him than this room.

I walk into his closet and immediately see his rack of hoodies, which happens to be next to his rack of suits.

Picking the hoodie nearest to me, I pull down a white one with pink and blue swirls on the front.

I pull it over my head as I walk back to my room, increasingly aware of how quiet the house is.

Did everybody go up to my father's office while I was in the bathroom?