𝟗. 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

4 years prior

The weather today was beautiful. But not only the weather. Also the landscape consisting of endless flower fields, green grasslands, large forests with big trees, calmly swaying in the wind, rivers with the clearest water. Animals living their lifes in peace, enjoying the breathtaking environment they live in. Above them, the wide blue sky without any clouds disturbing the scenery.

Not only were animals happy to be here but also two siblings wandering around, holding hands while experiencing the beauty of this world. The rays of the sun shone in their eyes. They smell the scent of the flowers, dance like no ones watching, climb in the trees, cool themselves in the fresh water.

They feel free here. They can be whoever they want to be. They can do whatever they want to do. They have everything they want, especially each other.

A moment later, they were already a bit older. They found some friends who now travel together with them. They all lay together in the lush green grass, joking around and laughing, living as if there is no evil in this world.

And there isn't

Everything is peaceful. Everyone is happy. The girl has her big brother by her side and the boy has his little sister by his side. But not only that, they also had their best friends with them.

This is perfect. This is how everything should be. Everyone is happy. It should stay like this forever.

"Sora?"

Forever

"Hey Sora!"

The colors of this world slowly started to fade away.

I don't want to leave this place

Just let me be happy

I don't want to go back

I want to stay here

As soon as the colors vanished, everything was white again

White ceilings

White walls

White curta-

"Don't you ever scare me like that again. This was already the second time I thought you were dead in less than 24 hours."

A familiar voice said as I blinked my eyes.

I didn't even try to find out who said that. I just want to go back. I don't belong in this world. I don't have a reason to be here.

"Hey Sora, are you there? The nurses told me you're not that talkative ever since I brought you here but I think I at least have the right to know what really happened to you."

I couldn't get back. Why couldn't I get back? Why am I still here?

"So you won't even look at me, huh?"

Giving up on trying to get back into my imaginary world, I directed my gaze from the ceiling to the person who brought me back to reality.

Chuuya Nakahara. Sitting on the left side of my bed.

Why did he do that? Why is he here?

"Do you even know how worried I was because of you? You fucking jumped off the port mafia headquarters, one of the tallest buildings in Yokohama! You were so close to death!"

So close, yet still too far away

"Did you even think about how others might feel when you just end your life like that? How I would feel loosing the person I just got partnered up with after the previous one just left me without a word?"