𝟏. 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲

7 years prior

White ceilings

White walls

White curtains

White beds

White bandages

White

That's what comes to my mind when I think about my childhood.

Have I ever seen anything else than these blending white rooms?

Well, now I do

But does it really make a difference?

Instead of the white wall I used to look at, I'm losing myself in the endless emptiness of black in front of me.

Does it make a difference that instead of medical utensils, there are dolls and other toys surrounding me, trying to keep me from drifting into the world I see in the walls?

No it doesn't

I don't feel the need to waste my time with su-

"Huhhh who are you?"

A voice behind me interrupted my train of thought.

"Hey! I'm talking to you! You could at least be a little nicer and look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Should I turn around?

"RINTAROUUUU THIS GIRL YOU PROMISED WOULD BE MY NEW FRIEND WON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME"

New friend?

"RINTAROUUUUUUU"

So loud

Before the girl could catch her breath again to continue screaming for this 'Rintarou' I accepted her wish and turned around to look at her.

In front of me stood a young girl dressed in a red dress, fitting to the red bow in her long blond hair. Blue eyes started to light up as soon as they got the attention they wanted.

"So you're not deaf? Unlike stupid Rintarou..."

I just continued to stare at her with my empty brown eyes.

"And speaking? Can you do that?"

"Yes."

"Perfect! Then come with me, I'll show you around! In my room there is a biiig wardrobe with every dress I forced Rintarou to buy me! I'm sure we'll find one that fits you too!"

I didn't retaliate the grip the unknown girl had on me while dragging me into the next room.

"You can call me Elise, by the way! So what's your name? You didn't even tell me!"

"It's Sora, Dazai Sora."

My emotionless voice highly contrasting Elises loud and energetic one.

"Here we are, Sora-chan! Look how many beautiful dresses I own!"

There were indeed a lot of dresses but I couldn't help but wonder why Elise would be so excited over them. They are just pieces of fabric that were sewn together, thats all. What's so special about it?

"You can pick one you like, they should fit you too!"

"Pick one?"

"Yes, of course! You don't want to walk around in those ugly rags when you could wear such pretty dresses like me! So go on, pick the one you like the most! It's not every day I give someone an opportunity like that!"