𝟐. 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

7 years prior

Spending the past few weeks with Elise and Rintarou actually made me grow closer to them. After Elise taught me how to smile I started to copy more of her behaviors so we were quite similar to another now.

We both now used every opportunity we were given to annoy every person that came near us. Once we were tired of making Rintarou regret every single choice in his life, we decided to get on the nerves of the guards that protect the big office which was located at the very top of this building.

I also learned that this wasn't a normal apartment and Rintarou also wasn't the normal doctor I first thought he was. It was actually the office of the port mafias leader, Ogai Mori. Or as I was allowed to call him: Rintarou.

When he caught us already making the third guard want to quit his job he told us to get ready to go outside.

For how long haven't I been outside any more? The only memories I have consist of staring at the white walls of a hospital rooms.

But now that my life has changed I also adjusted from staring at walls to staring out of the large windows this floor contains. I wonder what all those people, that I could only recognize as small moving dots between the busy streets of Yokohama, are feeling. Is there someone else out there who is like me?

Suddenly a blurry image of my brother came to my mind. I haven't seen him in so long, I can't even remember how he looks like. The only thing I could remember were bandages. The same bandages I had around my arms and neck.

Osamu only rearely showed any emotion too

But those that he showed weren't any happy ones, I could tell that without even having felt them on my own. He also had this empty look in his eyes, just like myself. At least from what I remember.

Shouldn't he be somewhere around here?
He should be working with Rintarou.

Elise told me that a good sister would always worry about her brother when he wasn't around. So am I worried?

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I only realized where I am when the warm summer wind hit my face. Shortly after I was torn out of my own world Elise dragged me into a car while hearing Rintarous voice telling her to be careful.

"Rintarou, I want to visit the store from last time we went shopping again!"

The blue eyed girl demanded with such confidence that the man she spoke to couldn't do anything but to agree with her

"Of course, Elise-chan~ we will do just as you wish. Everything to make you two happy"

Happy

Right, I should be happy. It's my first time outside after a long time and I'm going shopping with Elise and Rintarou. I definitely should be happy right now.

"Woah Elise-chan, im so glad we are finally able to cause some trouble outside! Just think of all the wicked things we can do!~ I can't wait~"

I said with a sweet voice that someone who only knew me from a few weeks ago could never recognize.

"Ahhh Sora-chan~, I'm so happy we took you in. Look how vivid you became~ wait... did you just say something about causing trouble?"

Rintarou's mood switched very quickly after he realized what words layed between the sweetness of my voice. Elise taught me that if you used the right sound of voice, you could tell that man to do anything without him even thinking about it. And it almost seemed to work.

"Stupid Rintarou! You should really start washing your ears!"

"I only said that I'm glad that we're finally able to go shopping together~"