Rubber vs. Lightning

Start from the beginning

"STOP IT!" Luffy shoves Eneru off him.

Nami grabs my arm, shaving me as her eyes widen and mouth falls open at the scene before us.

"Way to go, Captain!" I cheer.

Eneru's eyes have gone wide and his mouth hands open in the complete shock at seeing someone not being hurt by what he believed to be the greatest power in the world. Somehow, he breaks himself out of the trance and starts to shake his head. Probably trying to calm himself down in order to fight back against someone he thought should be no trouble.

Luffy lets out a fighting cry as he rushes at Eneru. If he was anyone, had eaten any other Devil Fruit, this would not be playing out like this. However, when his foot collides with Eneru's stomach, the pathetic god is thrown across the deck like any other human would be.

"Lightning power is completely useless!" Nami gasps. "Not even Eneru could have imagined that someone in the world where his lightning would be useless."

"Luffy is Eneru's one and only natural enemy," I grin, watching as the boy hops down onto the deck and saunters up to Eneru. His clothes might be all in taters, and there's dirt and grim all over him that probably came from being inside the giant snake, and his hat might be hanging around his next by the string to reveal his complete mess of hair, but I still think he looks handsome. My heartrate still seems to pick up watching him fight. "Kick his ass."

"We can actually defeat Eneru," Nami lets out a breath.

It doesn't take long for Eneru to stir and then jump back up onto the wall. "What is it with you!?" There's blood dripping from his nose, and some already drying around his mouth.

"I'm Luffy! I'm a pirate, and I'm a rubber man." Luffy answers like it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"Rubber?"

I blink a few times to try and wrap my head around the question he just asked. It wouldn't make sense that he's confused that Luffy is made of rubber, as he knows that Devil Fruits can give a person any range of abilities. If that isn't it, then he must be confused on what rubber is, and the only way that is possible if it doesn't exist up here in the White-White Sea. Eneru can't believe that someone is immune to his lightning because he doesn't even know of the object that can be. I'm not sure how that helps us in this moment, but it is interesting how our two worlds are different in such a small way.

"Lightning won't work against me!" Luffy breaks into a sprint right at Eneru. He gris his bicep as he sends his arm back to get ready for a punch.

"Mantra," Eneru closes his eyes, and then easily dodges the punch.

"Gum-Gum Whip!" He spins around before sending his leg flying at Eneru who zaps away to be behind him. With a grunt, he turns around, jumping up and slapping his feet together as he is aimed right at Eneru's face.

Instead of just dodging like the previous times, Eneru uses his golden staff to swipe at Luffy's legs to send him flying face first into the deck. Then he slams his staff into Luffy's back, causing the boy to bounce into the air before flipping him over to have access at his neck. He shoves the end of the staff right into Luffy's neck and holds him against the cabin wall.

"Luffy!" Nami and I blurt out.

Luffy's arms and legs hang limply as he chokes on what little air he can suck in. It isn't a way that I like seeing him, but ever since I witness him being stabbed by Crocodile, I'm not as quick to expect the absolute worst when he's down in a fight.