Ch 45 : The Villarreals

Start from the beginning

"Lady Millicent, I believe there are some things which need to be discussed." Felix asked in his unusually serious voice.

Millicent stood up from her seat and began walking forward as she spoke, "Lord Isaac has been killed by assassins, three days ago his body was discovered in his office."

Alvis went near the wall and dragged two chairs towards the center. The younger siblings also dragged one chair each and brought it to the centre. Throughout which Millicent  kept speaking,

"I sent a report to the Capital but the perpetrators of the assassination killed all of my messengers. Moreover, because of father's sudden demise the territory is in a state of instability so I could not simply leave it."

Millicent now came to the exact spot where Felix was standing and bowed down.

"I have no excuse, it is because of my incompetence that I could not bring stability to the territory in the span of three days." Millicent spoke this time her voice actually expressing sadness.

"...No, you have done well as is. " Felix stated and was about to continue, but Millicent rose up after receiving the response from him and began speaking again as she made her way back to the chair in the middle back.

"However..."

There were three chairs now arranged beside the chair in the middle and one chair opposite to the middle one.

She gestured Felix to sit down and continued. The siblings also sat in their designated seats and so did the knight.

"During the three days time, I have caught the assassins and mastermind. And now the only thing that remains is to become officially appointed. "

"Lady Millicent, do you know the reason for my visit here?"

"This was merely my thought. But I had thought that father's monthly report time had passed without father sending a report, His Imperial Majesty would notice and send someone. As such I was expecting a visitor for a few days now. Was there an alterior motive?"

"His Imperial Highness, Prince Arius has been targeted by assassins twice now and with the traces we were led to Feradona."

"Do you believe the assassins responsible for Father's demise were also behind the Prince?"

"Yes, have the perpetrators been killed?"

"No, the mastermind is alive I was going to bring him to Obelia to testify that the Lord was killed because of him."

"Then may I interrogate that criminal first?"

"Of  course, Alvis."

"Yes."

----

It was now daytime. The night passed quickly and Felix was happy to say the least. The mastermind quickly confessed his wrongdoings towards the Imperial Prince. Although in normal cases that would be suspicious, this time Felix could sense honesty in his words.

The man had been tortured and was begging to die and for forgiveness. He confessed quickly because he knew there was no hope anymore. The torture the Villarreal siblings had inflicted upon him was, in his mind, far worse than any imperial torture.

When the sun had finally risen up to illuminate the world with its brightness, Felix along with two of his knights had officially summoned the Governor of the Feradona Territory to head to the capital with the Robane Knights.

"But sister, how will the territory-without you?"

"Alvis, you will be my substitute." Alvis's green eyes shone brightly upon hearing this.

"Sister! Sister! Can I go along too?"

"Me as well! I've never seen the capital!"

"Me neither!"

The younger siblings spoke. The two younger children seemed to be between the ages of seven to twelve. While the older brother and sister, sixteen to nineteen.

Millicent looked over to Felix who smiled brightly as a sign of 'they can'.

"Alright, but Alvis will you be okay governing alone? I'd be worried."

"Don't worry M'lady , I'll protect the young master with my life." Alvis's personal knight stationed beside the walls of the audience room spoke to ease the sisters concern.

"Then I will trust him with you."

And thus the governor-to-be of Feradona, her younger siblings and a number of their staff prepared to travel to the capital.

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!