chapter 43 - she's back

third pov

"Akira?"

Haruto can't even imagine how he manage to say her name again.

"You remembered me! I'm so glad!" The girl almost broke down in delight, tears already rolling on her rosy cheeks as she clings to her umbrella tightly.

"This can't be..." Haruto shook his head. "No... No... You're not real."

Haruto fall on the ground, hand landed on his chest, calming himself down as he is starting to breath hysterically, scared that he might be losing his sanity.

"Haruto!" Akira put down her umbrella, rushed towards the young boy. She went near to him in panic. "What's happening to you?" Akira helped him stood up, as she tried to rub his back gently to ease him down.

"A-are you real? Are you really A-aki?" Haruto asks in between his breaths.

"Yes, I'm real!" She cupped his cheeks. "See? I can hold you."

He can feel her palm temperature on his face making him weak, as he soon broke into tears.

Aki pulled him into her arms, hugging the Japanese who is now sobbing on her shoulder.

"I missed you." Haruto said on his soft voice, hugging the girl tightly.

Aki smiles, "I missed you too." She gently rub his back. "If you only knew that I can't stop thinking about you for the past years, I really don't know what to do after I left you here..."

Haruto finally released the hug, wiping his tears away. "I thought you're dead."

"I'm sorry Haruto, I even heard that they spread rumors that you're the one who kil--"

"I don't care about that." Haruto responded. "I just want to know what happened."

Haruto's brows furrows, trying to catch Aki's sight as she kept on avoiding his gaze.

"I--" Aki was interrupted by a sudden text message, as soon as she opened the mail she excused herself.

"I-i will explain it to you later, I'll meet you at your dorm."

"What? Why?" Haruto asks.

"There's an emergency." She reasoned out. "But I promise, I will tell you everything."

It happened so fast. She disappeared again. Haruto didn't even know if it's a pigment of his imagination or it's finally real.

But it felt real.

The warmth of her hands and hug felt so real.

"Am I going crazy?" Haruto's fingers ran on his raven hair before settling himself back to his seat.

His sight went to the gate where Aki exited that is now slightly open.

"Is she real or am I losing my mind?" Haruto asks himself again.

He then continued to scoop a spoonful of rice as he much it quietly, still thinking about what happened earlier.

"I think I need therapy."

-

Jeongwoo sighs in relief after rendering his project on his PC. He adjusted his radiation glasses as he fished out his phone from his messenger bag.

Spam messages from Haruto greeted his eyes. He clicked on his icon to read his recent texts.