chapter 30 - with you

third pov

The sun peeks up over the waves early in the morning, and the thin rays gleam over the ocean's sparkling undulations.

There is a lovely contrast between the blueness of the water and the whiteness of the sand. The cool breeze blows gently, adding to the serenity of an early morning walk along the shore.

White sands are piercing inside his slipper as he sluggishly strolls to the shore waiting for Haruto to come.

"My Woo~"

Suddenly, a pair of arms engulfed his body, hugging him from behind, and resting his chin on Jeongwoo's shoulder.

"What are you thinking baby, hmm?" Haruto asked him, still not parting away from the latter.

"Us..." He respond shortly as he gently caress Haruto's arms. "I don't know how to tell my parents about our relationship."

Jeongwoo frowns, thinking about what if his parents can't accept them?what if it won't turn out fine? It will be a big risk but Jeongwoo badly want their relationship to be legal already.

The japanese loosen his hug and face the frowning Jeongwoo. "Whatever will happen, I'll be there, with you."

Haruto cupped his cheeks and gently kissed his forehead, his eyelids and lips.

The younger giggles as he cupped his face too and press the tip of his nose against his nose causing for Haruto to smile more widely.

-

"Look at those lovebirds strolling at the shore so sweetly." Mashiho utter while eyes are glued on the couple walking peacefully along the coast.

"Ugh, I know right? my head hurts even more..." Yedam said for the nth time already and buried his face on the table.

Mashiho chuckles. "Why did y'all get so wasted? Even Hoonie is having a hangover."

"It's all Jaehyuk's fault, he suggested to play drinking game with us then left us in the middle of the game." Yedam replied.

Mashiho leaned against his chair before releasing a heavy sigh as his eyes wander at the two whining about their headaches.

In a minute, a red-haired boy came; walking towards the gazebo they are in with hands carrying a loaded paper bag.

"I- um- a staff told me to handed these to you guys."

The president raise his gaze eventhough his head is spinning just to say his gratitude. "Thank you Doyoung."

A faint rose blush tinted on his cheek when Yedam finally remembers his name correctly.

He is so transparent that he can't even hide his affection to him, but unfortunately, it is impossible for Yedam to like him back.

Doyoung thinks that it is better to love him from afar, like a side character in Yedam's life.

A small interaction with him brighten up his day, it is more than enough.

"Okay, I'm going now." He was about to go back to his hotel room but Yedam grabbed his wrist causing for him to halt in his tracks.

His heart started to race fast, feeling the warmth of Yedam's hand in the contact with his wrist.

"By the way, is Asahi alright? He didn't come back to the banquet last night, perhaps he is also having a headache?"

His smile slowly fades. Ah, of course he will ask about Asahi.

Doyoung was about to answer but then Jaehyuk arrived in the scenario.

"He is definitely fine Yedam, why do you care for him that much?" The player interrupted their conversation as he plop himself down to the minimalist wooden sofa.

Yedam loosen his grip from Doyoung, thanked him once again and told him to get going.

"Do you like him?" Jaehyuk questioned again snatching the fruit juice from Yoshi's hand.

"I don't. I'm just worried." He responded.

"Come on! I know you like that Hamada guy."

Yedam stayed silent as he fished out a bottle of water inside the paper bag that Doyoung brought.

"You don't stand a chance Dami, he already rejected me despite of my riches."

Yedam brows arched. "So what? He is obviously not into money."

"I beg to disagree, he is from rags, a cheap scholar who's doing part-time jobs for living and of course he needs money. I was already offering a help but he acts like as if he can do everything on his own, what a joke."

"And now you're stalking him?" He scoffs.

"I did some background check, but my point here is, you will just end up rejected like me."

"How? I didn't even shoot my shot."

"Because who would even like a nerd?" Jaehyuk said, laughing soundlessly on his own sentence without any humor.

"Jaehyuk-ah..." Yoshi warned him sensing a trouble that might happen.

"And who would even like a narcissistic playboy that only afters for sex?" Yedam retorts.

Mashiho squeeze Yedam's wrist, signing to calm down but the president didn't bother and continue his sentence.

"I'm glad that Sahi has rejected you, you can't even fix that shitty attitude of yours. Look at you, talking shits behind his back, and calling him names, for what? Because he bruised your ego? Because he's bold enough to turn down your 'love' opposing the tradition that you're following?"

Jaehyuk clenched his jaw, and hand are starting to ball into fist. His friend's words seems like a sharp daggers, enough to hurt his feelings.

"Not every single time, things go the way you wanted them to be, move on and accept your defeat." He continues.

And with that, he stood up from his seat at march away from the gazebo leaving his friends behind. 

Jaehyuk can't take his words anymore as it fcking hurts deep within.

"Jaehyuk!" Mashiho called him but the latter didn't respond and continue walking away.

"Let him be Hyung, he will just pull himself together and everything will be back to normal." Yedam assured the petite japanese.

"Jaehyuk can really be stubborn most of the time but please understand him Yedamie, he is craving for love that his family can't even give to him." Yoshi said to him while patting his back.

Yedam nodded.

"I hope you two will be friends again, okay?" He added as if he was talking to a child.

💎

hi! short update again!

(not so) fun fact but actually a sad fact: doyoung's liking for yedam is inspired by a song 'FAKE PROTAGONIST BY GETSUNOVA' omg the lyrics really struck my heart. if you know that song then let's be friends!

But literally, this is going to an end. I think around chapter 33? And by the WAY thank you so much for 12k! 🥺

♡(> ਊ <)♡