22~Don't Open, Dead Inside

I stare down at the grey gravestone. Beneath it, about 6 feet, lies one of my best friends. She died at my hands.

Kayla Rae
11/20/1996-12/3/2015.
A loving friend and daughter.

She had just turned 19 when she was taken from the world. She was 19 years old and had a whole life ahead of her. It was taken from her by someone she trusted, someone she loved.

I stood up, watching the first snow flakes of winter fall. In a few weeks, my own 19th birthday would come. But I was dead, too. I refused to celebrate my birthday, or Christmas. Both of my favorite holidays were now as dead to me as I was to myself.

As I turned and walked away, heading God knows where, I severed the ties of my emotions, shutting them off. I was already on the way to being a ripper, what was one more step closer to the edge?

I had no idea of where I could go. I couldn't stay in Michigan, where I was at currently. Mystic Falls and New Orleans were dead to me. I guess I could go anywhere in the world without paying a cent. I could shed blood and move on.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I withdrew it and answered, voice emotionless and empty.

"Hello, Elijah." I stated.

"Are you on your way back?" He asked. I had told him I was going to Kayla's funeral, then coming back go New Orleans. That was before I turned off my emotions in a bitter moment of self hatred.

"Elijah, you broke my heart. You allowed your brother to kill me. You have been nothing but trouble since the moment I met you. I am never returning to Mystic Falls or New Orleans. I am never returning to you." The words left my mouth without thought. I smirked after I said them, knowing they would shred his heart half as much as he had shredded mine.

"Did you turn off your humanity?" He asked.

"Good boy, you caught on!" I said sarcastically.

"Libby, please... Come back and I can help you." He pleaded.

I looked to my nails boredly, deciding I could paint them. Before, as a human with emotions, I would never have done that.

"I'll pass. Send Niklaus and the others my eternal hate." I reaponded. I hit the call button and dropped my phone on a trashbin.

I began walking away, hoping on a train that was headed to the other side of the state. I would visit my most favorite town in Michigan, then head somewhere nice, like Florida or California. Then, maybe I'd go to Colorado. After that, I'd head to another country, like Mexico or Canada.

I had the entire world at my hands to play with. This would be fun

~Elijah~

I gripped the phone in my hand, clutching it so tightly it shattered into a million pieces, much like my heart.

"Elijah?" Rebekah asked. Her tone of voice indicated that she was worried for me.

"I'm going after her. I will find her and I will bring her back. I will turn on her emotions and show her that she can live a life with me. I will do anything to get her back. Afterall, it is all my fault that she is like this." I explained.

"I'll go with you." Rebekah offered.

"Me too, brother." Niklaus said. I glared at him. It was still his fault that Libby, her friends, and Holly, were Vampires.

"I do not wish for your help, Niklaus. You're the reason she is like this." I spat.

Niklaus sighed, genuinely looking pained. "Elijah, I fell in love with Holly before she fell for you. I was beyond jealous, which is why I killed her. Libby only brought it all back. But I assure you, I want to help you. You have my word."

I was shocked. Niklaus had fallen for Holly all those years ago?

I sighed, defeated. Klaus's help would prove far greater than anyone else's.

"Let's go."