10~Ghosts of the Past

~Holly~

My arms encircled Elijah's neck. I giggled in happiness, something I hadn't done in forever. I nuzzled my face into his neck, holding him close.

I felt his muscles stiffen. I pouted drawing back. "Aren't you happy to see me, Elijah?"

"Holly... You're dead..." Elijah muttered, eyes wide with confusion.

I nodded, drawing back. "Your blood managed to bring me back. When I woke up, though, you were gone. Mt wedding dress was covered in my blood. I found a person, attacked them, and realized then what I was. I've been trying to find you ever since. I missed you!" I explained, jumping up and wrapping my legs around him.

When Elijah didn't wrap his arms around me, I grabbed them and did it myself. Still, he looked bewildered to see me.

"You can't be here." He stated, setting me down. I pouted, nearly tearing up. Where was my beloved Elijah?

"Why can't I?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest. I was growing impatient with this new Elijah.

"Hey, Libby!" Someone shouted. Both Elijah and I turned to see a man with blonde hair and blue eyes. "You died your hair back."

"Matt this isn't-" Elijah began.

"Problem at the hairdresser's. I'm going to get the dye now to fix it." I said, smirking slightly. If this guy mistook me for someone else, that must mean I have a doppelganger.

The man, Matt, nodded and left. I turned to Elijah, smirking.

"I have a doppelganger?" I grinned.

"You do.." He sighed.

"Tell me about her." I grinned.

"No." He hissed, fangs extending. I jumped back in fear. Was Elijah really that protective over my shadow self?

Suddenly, it all clicked into place. Elijah had fallen for my doppelganger. If that was so, then I just had to get rid of her and be her to get my fiance back. To any end necessary.

~Elijah~

I glared at Holly, seeing the gears turn in her head. If she harmed Libby at all....

I grabbed her by the neck, snapping it. I grabbed her limp body, dragging her with me to mansion in which I lived. I found the basement, decorated similar to the one the Salvatores' have. I tossed Holly in the cell, locking the door.

I felt bad, seeing her currently dead body lying there. I still loved her, greatly. Yet, I would not let her harm Libby in anyway.

I hurriedly left, heading to the Mystic Grill. I found Libby immediately. She was talking with Caroline and Tyler.

"Libby!" I shouted. All eyes in the restaurant looked at me. Libby blushed and stood, walking over to me.

"What is it?" She asked nervously, looking around.

"You are Holly's doppelganger. She's here and I think she had a plan to be you. I managed to subdue her, but I needed to warn you." I told her hurriedly. The pain in my chest at the thought of losing her, too, forced me to draw her to me. "I promise, no one will hurt you. Ever."

Her arms wrapped around me. "I know, Elijah, I know."

I held her close, sobbing into her hair. I couldn't lose her. It would most definitely drive me mad if I did.