14~Got Me Going Suicidal

~Libby~

For the ninth day in a row, I sit in my room, alone. No matter who comes and sees me, no matter what I miss in the outside world, I stay here. I can't bear to go outside. I'm completely, utterly numb.

I stand up and reach up on a shelf above my head. I pull a glass mug I got from one of my various trips to Frankenmuth, Michigan off of the wood. I look at it for a moment before reaching inside and withdrawing a silver blade.

I rise off my bed after placing the cup back. I head into the bathroom and pull up my sleeve. I see a very tiny mark from when I first started cutting a few months back, when I lost everything.

I took the blade and slashed at the mark, slowly at first. Blood burst forward from the cut and kept on flowing. I let it flow, watching in wonder. It was almost no wonder why Vampires desired the crimson substance. For one, the color was gorgeous.

I cleaned off the blood, only to slash at the wound again. I did this repeatedly a few times before deciding that I had had enough. I cleaned the cut and bandaged it, putting the razor back in its cup.

I headed downstairs quickly, seeing the bottle of melatonin on the counter. I took it, removing the cap and pouring several tablets into my hand. Quickly, I shoved the pills into my mouth, chewed, and swallowed.

If this doesn't kill me, I hope Klaus or Kol will.

~Elijah~

I see Holly out and about. I know its her because Libby hasn't left her house in over a week. Besides, I'd be able to tell the difference between them purely by the shades of their eyes and lips.

I rush forward, grabbing Holly. Startled, she looks over at me.

"Oh, hi, Elijah." She says. A smile is evident on her features. I can't help but stare down at her lips. Longingly, I lick my own.

"You're in trouble." I tut, coming to my senses.

"What did I do?" She asks innocently, looking up at me with her crystal clear blue eyes.

"You, my dear, have cheated." I murmur, pretending she's Libby.

"Oh? No, see, you're the one who left me... Stefan was mearly my means of the good night I was promised but never got." Holly said. Libby would never say something like this.

"Hm, is that so?" I say, leaning in close. She nods, leaning closer. I crash my lips to hers, holding her to me. If I had any desire to hurt Libby, I would keep doing what I was doing now.

I didn't, though. That girl held a very special place in my heart. I removed the vervain dart from my pocket and stabbed Holly with it. A gasp left her lips as the liquid filled her up, causing her to faint.

I grabbed her and carried her to the Salvatore house. Damon allowed me in and I threw her down into the holding cell.

"She's devious and manipulative, do /not/ let her out of her." I warned Damon. He simply rolled his eyes and nodded, closing and locking the door.

I left the Salvatore boarding house, making my way to the Gilberts'. I knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. When I didn't get one, I rushed through. A wave a fear crept in my bones as my ears could barely pick up the sound of someone breathing.

I shot up the stairs as fast as I could. I slammed open Libby's bedroom door, seeing her pale frame lay dying on the bed. Her wrist was bandaged and bleeding, and I knew what she had done.

I withdrew my phone, dialing Elena. I put the phone on speaker as she picked up. "Hello?"

"Libby cut herself! I think she did something else because she's hardly breathing! Does she take any sort of medication?" I asked hurriedly, withdrawing the girl from the bed. I lifted her into my arms and fitted the phone intomy pocket as I headed outside.

"She takes Melatonin for sleep, occassionaly, vitamins. She takes a birth control pill, too. And some sort of depression medication." Elena said. I could hear the worry in her voice as she tried her best to recall the pills her friend took.

"She probably tried to overdose on one of them!" I said. "I'm taking her to the hospital! Meet me there!" I bumped my pocket against a pole, ending the call. I used my Vampire speed to rush Libby to the hospital.

I waited in the waiting room for Elena as the doctors worked at saving Libby. I wanted to feed her my blood, but if she was to die and come back, she'd hate me forever. She has a better chance this way, I hope.

This was all my fault. If Libby didn't live to see another day after this, I would never be able to live with myself ever again.