Benefactor

"Tis by obtaining knowledge that men surpass insects, and become beasts, then become humans, and at times surpass even God."

-Fremd Torturchen, Elisabeth.

____

....

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka

Realizing that I stared too much abovehead, I set my sights back to Chabashira-Sensei.

Whom, at this moment, was uncaring as she taught lessons. There were only a very slim minority of students present listening to her, Horikita Suzune, Hirata Yōsuke, and Kushida.

Sudō sleeping on his desk, Yamauchi and Ike were talking openly, as if to ask what the teacher was going to do about it.

The girls weren't any better, as their voices were the ones mostly making up for the noise, gossiping in the face of their teachers. Some were reading something called "manga" on their phones.

My eyes made its way back to Chabashira-Sensei, and for a moment our eyes met. Her smile only lasted for a fraction of a second, immediately going back to the lesson.

She must've realized those few who were listening wouldn't really notice.

Now, what was that about?

I was unsure of what to do, whether or not I should ask her about it after classes or not. I highly doubted she's taken an interest towards her students, her files didn't have any history of the sorts, too, there's the possibility she had taken the interest, just now, but I wouldn't be so arrogant to think so.

Turning my head to the person making a hole to my side, I saw Horikita Suzune gazing curiously.

"You two seem close."

She remarked using a hushed voice so as to prevent our classmates, ie, teacher from noticing.

I thought the files confirmed her anti-social personality, was it somehow off? Or did she perhaps have a change of heart now?

"I happen to know Sensei before going here."

I replied in an equally quiet voice, much like a whisper. To a classmate it looked just like I was reciting something from my textbook.

She gave me another curious look after pondering her answer. She turned her head forward as if trying to forget what happened.

"That will be all for today. Your true lessons will start tomorrow, and those who are interested in joining a club, the 'club affair' will happen tomorrow, too. Please review your lessons in your textbooks."

Only few listened to Sensei's words, picking up her things, she turned to leave, before calling out.

"Kiyotaka Ayanokōji-kun, please come to the guidance office. It seems that there were some problems with your documents," Sensei looked at the students looking at me, with eyes that implied, he's a troublemaker?

"It's nothing too serious, we just need to confirm some things."

Bailing me out, she motioned for me to follow her.

The curious eyes of my classmates never left me, even as I was already outside the classroom. I could think of few reasons as to why she even went as far as preparing an excuse to call me out in front of the whole classroom, she didn't hide the fact that I needed to attract attention by doing that.

Perhaps he gave Sensei some instructions? There was that, but
I wouldn't be too sure. After all, I'm basically at my own devices, the details written was that he was not to interfere as long as I wasn't in a life threatening situation.