The second thing was the blood.

Remus had seemed to gash himself up during the night, along with the bites from Padfoot and the stab wounds from Prongs's antlers. A deep purple outlined one of his eyes, and it looked as if he had chewed on his own arm at some point. 

The other two boys were both passed out on the floor, and Evangeline couldn't decide who looked worse. 

"James," she whispered, "Wake up."

His eyes blinked open, suddenly remembering where he was. With a groan, he sat up on the floor, heavily leaning against the bed and holding his left shoulder.

"How bad is it?" he asked, not even turning to look at it

Evangeline's hands shook as she gently peeled his hands away from the wound. Three large gashes decorated his arm from neck to elbow. Luckily, it seemed to have missed any important veins. It had already begun to stop bleeding.

"I can clean and bandage it. You'll be fine, but werewolf scratches scar. We have about thirty minutes before Pomfrey will be looking for Remus. We need to be out before then."

"What about Snape?" He ground out, gritting his teeth as she cleaned his shoulder.

"I broke his nose."

At that, both Evangeline and James paused in what they were doing and looked into each other's eyes. Without a moment of hesitation, both gently starting laughing.

"He's gonna hate himself, Evie," James whispered.

"I know. We just can't let him."

"And what if Snape tells?"

"We figure it out. It's what we do."

After James was well enough to be able to hide the marks and scrapes, Evangeline turned her attention to Sirius. He still hadn't woken up, and she could tell that he had taken the brunt of the damage from the night.

Gently rolling him onto his back, he let out a puff of air from his lips and slowly cracked his eyes open. 

"A quel point es-tu blessé, Sirius?" she whispered.
(How hurt are you, Sirius?)

"Je vais bien chérie." He breathily replied, a groan mixing with the end of his sentence.
(I'm fine, darling.)

"Your shoulder is out of socket; it'll need to be reset. You also lost a bit more blood than James. Let me clean and bandage it, and we'll pop your shoulder back in."

"I can manage, I'm sure. Just go ahead and head back."

"You've gone nutters if you think I'm not about to pop that shoulder back into place. So either stand up and let me, or I'll force it back in place with magic," her temper flared.

At this, Sirius seemed to look at her, ashamed.

"We'll all talk about it later, Sirius. I can't let you bleed to death, and we're running out of time."

Finally nodding his head, he sat up and leaned towards Evie, letting his head fall to her shoulder with a groan of pain. 

"This is going to be terrible, just to prepare you. Bite down on something if you plan on yelling."

Sirius's face looked rather green, but in the moment, Evangeline didn't feel too terribly. Seeing that they had all survived the night was enough to spur her into action, and the panic ebbed away.

Grabbing his arm gently and positioning it, she took a deep breath, "On three."

Sirius nodded, gritting his teeth.