I love you - part 2 (Thiam)

"But why can't someone else do it?" Liam all but whined, into the phone that was clutched tightly in his fingers.

"Because we have a rota Liam" Scott's voice sounded through the little speaker. "So it's your turn this week"

"Fine but why does it have to be with him?" Liam gritted, jaw clenched in frustration.

"Because if he's going to be an ally then he has to help with the patrols. And everyone else sort of avoided being paired up with Theo" Scott explained, sounding a little apologetic.

"Right. But that still doesn't explain why I have to" he pressed, knowing that he was fighting a losing battle but refusing to back down either way.

"You two have worked together before Liam. Quite well actually. It's only for one week and then you can go right back to ignoring each other's existence" the alpha persisted, managing to keep hold of his impressive level of patience.

"I still don't get why you're not in town. It's spring break" Liam sighed in resignation, as he rummaged carelessly through his clothes drawer to get ready for morning patrol.

"I have an assignment that's due in straight after. I don't want Mrs Denton to hate me any more than she already does" Scott muttered, causing Liam to snicker at the alpha's obvious annoyance.

"Yeah have fun with that" He quipped pleasantly, to which Scott scoffed, most likely accompanied by a roll of his eyes, he guessed.

"Yeah likewise. Tell Theo I said hi" The alpha drawled, and Liam could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

Liam let out an annoyed growl, but there was no real heat in it, to which Scott huffed out a laugh.

"Bye Scott" the beta said pointedly, and hung up the phone shortly after the reply of 'see you Liam' from the other end.

Frustratedly, he threw the phone onto his table and watched it skitter across the wood, before thinking better of it and snatching it back to shove it into the pocket of his jeans, which he had hastily thrown on along with a soft beige hoodie. He assessed himself in the mirror, fixing his hair into something relatively ruffled but presentable, in the way that Mason had always assured looked 'cute' on him. This was entirely a force of habit and for his own benefit of course, and had nothing to do with who he would be seeing within the next 15 minutes. Nothing.

With an irritated huff at his reflection, Liam forced his feet to move away from it and out of his bedroom. He made himself a quick breakfast and was promptly out the door in the next few minutes, after a short panic over his misplaced car keys -which he will definitely not be mentioning to Mason(who had smugly declared that there's no way Liam would survive the 2 weeks by himself, while his parents were away in Texas).

The engine roared to life, as Liam twisted the key in the ignition, and pulled the car out of his driveway. He paid no attention to the passing scenery, as his mind stayed firmly fixed on thoughts of a certain chimera. Damn Scott for making him do this.

The things he did late into the night with Theo was one thing; spending a weeks worth of patrols filled with close proximity, possible broken noses and uncomfortably tense silences made him cringe. For the past couple of months, their usual time together was spent in a tangle of limbs, heated kisses and loud desperate moans. There was never any time for just talking or any awkwardness.

The last time they had worked together had been that night at the hospital, where Theo had appeared out of nowhere to save his life. Again.

'I'm not dying for you' Theo had said, without the slightest tick in his heartbeat to indicate a lie.

Liam had repeated the same words back at him, but even without the tell-tale tick he had known his statement was far from true. When exactly his view of the chimera had changed enough for him to willingly put his life on the line for Theo, was a mystery to him. After the fight, Theo had staggered away to his truck and Liam had followed almost instinctively. No words were said for the entire ride to Liam's house, as he stole glances at Theo's expressionless face. Despite this, his eyes had betrayed a hundred emotions that the beta couldn't quite decipher, but he knew it was all the effect of taking someone's pain for the first time.

After what felt like an eternity later, they had pulled up outside of Liam's house and he had all but dragged the exhausted looking chimera inside to clean up the blood and grime he was covered in and the healing bullet wound in his shoulder. Theo had grudgingly accepted the hoodie Liam had lent him, after he had discarded his old shirt, covered in tares and crimson stains.

Running out of things to do, they had stood awkwardly in the middle of his bedroom, Liam trying to avoid the intensity of Theo's gaze fixed on him.

Thinking back, he still couldn't remember who had moved first, but the next second he was falling back onto his bed, pulling Theo on top of him with a hand fisted in his -Liam's- hoodie, gasping as the chimera's lips attached to his neck and teeth grazed over sensitive skin.

That had been the first of many nights like it. That morning when he had woken up in his otherwise empty bed, cold and alone, had been the hardest; his mind consumed with fear over the rest of the pack finding out, and anger at both Theo and himself. After almost 2 months of avoiding each other like the plague, the chimera had crawled in through Liam's window in the middle of the night, earning a split lip after the beta had furiously punched him in the face. Next to no words were said, before they had once again fallen into bed with a ferocity that couldn't possibly be mistaken for anything loving or meaningful.

Following that, it became somewhat of a regular occurrence for the past couple of months. Not only in the confines of Liam's bedroom, but sometimes even fleeting moments in various broom closets and toilets around school, where they had somehow ended up alone together in. Liam hated to admit, it may have become something close to an addiction.

None of this meant that he was actually willing to spend quality time with the chimera, of course; they were hardly going to paint each other's nails or braid each other's hair. And this was precisely the reason he squashed any traitorous thoughts of the two of them being anything other than....whatever they were, that invaded his mind from time to time.

Sighing heavily, he pulled himself out of his endless train of thoughts, as his car -more accurately, his mom's car- approached the edge of the preserve. He slowed to a stop, as he caught sight of Theo's truck, and the chimera himself leaning against the front, holding his usual utterly bored and casual posture, and lips twisting into a smirk as he saw Liam approaching. Shoving aside the familiar -and completely unwelcome in his current situation- feeling in his gut, he parked and climbed reluctantly out of his car, to face the next couple of hours of slow torture. Undoubtedly, this was going to be a very long morning.

_____________________________________________

A/N- I'm back!! I'm sooo sorry I haven't been updating, but it's cuz I had a shit ton of exams these past couple of months. But GCSEs are over!!!🥳🥳🥳 And also I rly wanted to post this part as soon as possible, especially cuz it's pride month as well!🥰🥰🌈

But yh I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going with this story tbh, but it'll probably turn out fine sooo stick with it😅🥰

Pls vote and comment and also give me any OS ideas you would like me to write up🥰🥰Thxxx💜💜💜