Nightmares (Thiam)

Liam shot upright in his bed, having been startled awake. He looked around his room in confusion. It was still dark outside. He frowned as he wondered what had woken him up so suddenly.

He had decided to just go back to sleep, when suddenly he heard a noise, that sounded a mix between a scream and a whimper. He was wide awake now, and he knew exactly where the sound was coming from.

He jumped out of bed and rushed into the hallway. Moving quietly, he made his way to the closed door of the guest room further down the hall.

Another muffled scream reached his ears, and he wasted no time pushing the door open ready to fight whatever was causing the distress. However there was noone there except the boy lying asleep.

Liam crept forward to see Theo's unconcious form, twisting and turning on the bed. His fear and pain filled chemosignals hung in the air, making Liam cringe.

His expression was one of pure terror and his heart was beating at an impossibly fast pace. Most disturbing of all, his hands which had claws extending from them were clawing at his own chest desperately, as if trying to claw his own heart out.

Liam stood there rooted to the spot, unsure of what to do with this situation. He had never seen the chimera so vulnerable and distressed. Theo was clearly having some kind of nightmare, but he had no clue what to do.

Another heart wrenching sob from the chimera, had him moving forward automatically, wanting to give the other boy some sort of comfort. He manouvered himself onto the bed, and sat by Theo's head. He pulled some of the chimera's body onto his lap.

"P-please...please t-tara" Theo whispered brokenly, and Liam's heart ached for him.

He gently moved a hand through Theo's hair, and with his free hand, tried to get the chimera's hands away from his chest. He somewhat succeeded, but that was due to Theo just giving up and letting his hands fall on the side.

"I-It's.....okay. Y-you don't....h-have to s-stop" Theo mumbled defeatedly.

"Theo? Theo hey it's me. Come on wake up" Liam mumbled soothingly.

The chimera's rapid heartbeat echoed in his ears and his chest heaved as he struggled to breath.

Liam quickly pulled him closer but made sure to be gentle, to avoid scaring him further.

"Shhh it's alright, it's okay. I'm here. You're safe now Theo, just wake up" He tried again, louder this time.

Suddenly, Theo's eyelids flew open revealing his glowing gold irises. claws extended from his fingers and lashed upwards wildly. Liam jerked backwards to avoid the slashes, and backed up.

Theo jumped off the bed, fangs and claws readied but eyes unfocused and darting around urgently.

The beta cautiously held up his hands in front of him, and moved off the bed, inching towards the distressed chimera.

"Woah look it's me, Liam. I'm not gonna hurt you okay. Can you please put the claws away?" He asked.

Theo seemed to snap put of his daze at that, his eyes flickered and defensive stance faltered.

"Liam?" He asked uncertainly.

"Hey, yeah I'm here" He confirmed gently.

"W-Where..." Theo started. "Where is she?" He said looking around nervously as if someone would jump out at him.

"Tara's not here. It was just a nightmare Theo. This is real see?" He tried to calm the other boy.

Theo slowly walked back to him, and lowered himself onto the bed.

"I-I thought s-she-" He gasped clutching his chest where a small amount of blood was staining his shirt.

His claws had pierced the skin after all.

"I thought s-she took it back" he whispered brokenly.

"Took what back?" Liam asked frowning, as he sat next to him.

"Her heart" he mumbled.

Liam moved forward carefully, and placed a hand on his. He then moved them both up to the chimera's chest, placing them just over his heart.

"It's right there see. Your heart's still there Theo. It's okay"

They stayed like that for a while, before Theo looked up at him, with those beautiful green eyes.

"I'm sorry I woke you up" Theo apologised quietly.

"I'm glad you did" Liam insisted, "how long has this been happening?"

"Since you brought me back from hell" he answered.

Liam drew in a breath. He moved closer, as he saw Theo's eyes glaze up with unshed tears. He placed his free hand on the chimera's shoulder and pulled him in for a gentle hug.

When Theo made no move to return it, he went to pull away, but he suddenly felt the other boy lean into him, and tears wetting his shirt as he silently cried into the beta's shoulder.

Liam sat quietly and rubbed comforting circles on his back, muttering reassuring words in his ear. This went on for about five minutes before Theo pulled away and wiped his eyes.

"Sorry" He said quickly, sitting back.

"Theo, it's okay to cry you know" he said gently, smiling a little at the chimera.

Theo nodded gratefully.

"Well umm okay then. Let me know if you wanna talk about it. I should probably go" he muttered, starting to get up from the bed.

He turned towards the door, but he felt fingers wrap around his wrist, making him turn back around.

"You don't have to", Theo mumbled, averting his eyes, but still gripping his wrist.

Liam was silent for a while, before he sat back down next to the chimera.
"I can stay"

Theo gave him a genuine smile, which he returned, and they both laid back down on both sides of the bed.

Both boys fell into a peaceful sleep, feeling safe and content with being so close to the other.

And if the two cuddled closer to each other during the night, well.....No one has to know.

A/n- Hi! I don't know if the ending was that good. But anyway, hope u liked it:)❤

I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes😂😂 feel free to let me know.

Pls vote and comments, and send any requests!!!