Storms and Nightmares (Malira)

"Malia?"

The were-coyote was curled up in a corner of the room, arms wrapped tightly around her knees and her face ghostly pale.

The window swung open, likely left like that from when she had slipped in trhough it.

Kira walked over to it and pulled it shut, keeping out the cold onslaught of rain. A flash of lightning lit up the sky followed by a heavy crash of thunder.

Malia shrank back further against the wall, and what sounded like a small whimper left her lips.

"Oh you're drenched!" Kira exclaimed, as she hurried over to her closet and pulled out a hoodie and some long pijama bottoms.

"Come on" she coaxed gently, walking over to the frozen girl.

She knelt next to her and placed a hand on her arm. Malia turned to look at her, eyes vulnerable and fearful.

"Shhh it's alright. I need you to put these on okay?" She said, holding up the clothes.

Malia slowly relaxed her position and allowed the other girl to help her up. She guided her to the bed and helped her out of her soaked outfit.

The clothes fit perfectly and Malia found herself feeling slightly better and definitely warmer.

"I had a nightmare" she admitted quietly.

Her fingers wringed together and she shuffled her feet.

"I'm sorry I dropped in on you like this. I just didn't know where else to go, and your house was the closest and the storm was really bad-"

"You don't have to apologise" The kitsune reassured quickly with a smile. "I'm glad you came here"

Kira finished hanging the clothes on the radiator and walked back over to Malia on the bed.

"Come on, we can get under the blankets" she smiled.

She shuffled further back on the bed pulling Malia along, and covered them both with the thick blankets. She turned her body and put her arms around the were-coyoyte, pulling her back against her chest.

Usually Malia preferred it the other way round, but with Kira she felt different. She loved this position and couldn't protest against the warmth and comfort the kitsune offered.

A soft sigh escaped her and she sank further into Kira's arms and breathed in the wonderful scent that always managed to calm her down. She was already feeling much better than when she had arrived.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kira asked gently.

"It was just the usual. The car crash...and the storm made it worse" she whispered, closing her eyes tightly.

Kira nodded and pulled her even closer, pushing her face into the back of Malia's neck.

"Go to sleep okay? I'll be right here, don't worry" She mumbled in reassurance, entwining their fingers, "you're safe here"

Malia relaxed even more and the storm outside seemed much less of a threat, now that she was cocooned in blankets and wrapped up in Kira's scent. It didn't take her long to drift off, in the secure hold of her anchor.

Kira smiled as she heard the girl's soft snores. She too fell asleep to the sound of the rain outside her window, and Malia's steady heart beat under their joined hands.

A/n- another idea that literally just popped into my head!😅 This could be a Malira ship one if u guys wanna look at it that way:) I think they're soo cute!🥰❤

Vote and comment!!! Thanks guys!❤