chapter 12

the both of us has had gotten into another taxi, making our way over to TCC.

i had stayed silent the whole ride, nodding at yuzuru every time he would bring something up.

"i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable." i shot my head towards him, shaking my head.

"you did everything but that, I'm just sleepy." it was true, the jet lag was getting to me.

"well then let's hope this is quick." the taxi stopped, pulling up to TCC.

Yuzu had gotten out, i following right behind him. we thanked the driver, and made it into the club.

a nice man was standing at the front counter, messing around with a monitor sitting in front of him.

"good morning, can i help you with anything?" The nice man had asked in English. I glanced towards Yuzuru, seeing him already tense. I sighed and turned back towards the man.

"were here to meet Brian Orser, do you happen to know where he could be right now?" the man nods, looking back to his monitor.

"he should be in his office. if you enter the rink right to your left, it'll be the third door down." I nodded, thanking him, and dragging the lost japanese boy with me.

"he said he would be in his office, so were heading that way." I explained it to him in Japanese. Yuzuru nodded, and started to follow me without having to drag him.

i pushed open the glass door, the cold air hitting us right away. yuzuru changed our positions, this time him leading the way.

we continued to walk down the little area between the rink and the rooms, reaching the third door.

the both of us stood, me overall waiting for the boy next to me to knock on the door.

"...knock you idiot." yuzuru scoffed, turning towards me.

"i am not an idiot." i laugh, turning back to the door.

"that's hard to believe." i whispered. he sighed, turning towards the door.

before he could knock, the door swings open, surprising the both of us.

"oh! yuzuru! mei!" the white man had said our names. it's a white man.

of course it's a white man. ok chill mei, chill. his name is brian orser. he's a literal skater for canada, why are we surprised that a white man is standing in front of us.

"yes, that is us." i heard yuzu's broken english and almost started laughing at the broken english.

"hi mr. orser. it's nice to meet you." the canadian man smiled at me, giving a nice introduction.

"i guess now is the time to see where get you guys situated within the center." the canadian man led us through different rooms and halls, telling us what each room is.

Brian Orser led us back to the rink, checking his watch. "the rink opens to the public in about 30 minutes so i won't be able to check you on skills, if you'll come back tomorrow at around... 9 i can check on your skills then."

i look over to yuzu, fine with what coach had mentioned, and saw him nodding. "sure that will be fine." he responded in english.

"wow, english master." i could see the japanese boy roll his eyes, and continued to talk to Orser.

"well then, if you want to stay you can, if you want to leave you also can. I'll see you guys tomorrow." The both of us waved him bye, the canadian man leaving the area.

i slouched my shoulders, fully turning towards Yuzuru. "that took longer than expected, and we have to come back tomorrow." the japanese boy shrugs, turning towards me.

"you wanna get lunch?" i purse my lips, and nod.

"yea we could just go home and order food." he nods, and the both of us head home.

lmao the book that updates as many times as yuzuru hanyu shows up on tv.