11| Twist and Turns

Start from the beginning

"Let's go." Shawn tugs me pass the guard and into the building. "H-how did you-"

"Shh.. You ask too many questions. Just go with it, okay?"

I simply nodded and took in the extravagant interior of Phoenix Inc. The inside was neat and polished, the floors were practically mirrors and the walls just the same. I was in awe at the design of the building, so much that I nearly ran into the elevator doors. Shawn looked at me amused, then proceeded to wait on the elevator. I blushed, embarrassed at how immaturely I was acting.

The elevator was the most lustrous gold and the buttons were just the same. I don't know how long I've been dazing, because suddenly I realized Shawn was dragging me by the hand off the elevator. "Oh." I said blushing once again

He chuckled "It's fine. That's the normal reaction people have when they first enter the building. I wouldn't blame them, it's amazing."

We walked down a long corridor until we reached two tall doors at the end of the hall. Shawn stood in front of the doors while resting one hand on the handle.

"Considering how you reacted to the building and even the elevator, you should take a deep breath before we go in here."

I glare at him but still took a deep breath. "I'm ready."

"Alright close your eyes." He said and took my hand in his guiding me through the doors. The atmosphere was different as we entered and the glow of light shined through my eyes. It wasn't a blinding light but a more subtle one. I was starting to get really impatient here.

"Can I open my eyes yet? I want to seeeeeeee!"

"Blah blah quit your whining. I'll show you when I feel like it." He said and I could practically hear the smirk resting on his face.

"Shawn!"

"Alright alright! Open them, princess."I scoffed at the endearment and slowly opened my eyes. I gasped. 

We were in a huge office which i'm assuming is the CEOs. The whole front wall was covered in glass that reached from the ceiling all the way to the floor. The view of the entire city was before me and I was in a trance at it's beauty. I blindly walked straight up to the glass and looked out over the city that seemed to glimmer because of all it's lights.

"You like it?" Shawn asked from beside me. When did he even get here? "Y-yeah, it's- it's.. wow.. it's amazing, extraordinary, mesmerizing.. I can't even find a word that would do it's justice!"

"Yeah, it is."

I turned my head to look at Shawn to find him already gazing down at me. My heart skipped a beat or two in my chest. Was he starring at me this entire time?

I forced out a soft laugh and lowered my head trying to hide my beet red cheeks. Before I could even regain my composure he had lifted my chin and his dark eyes gazed into mines. He smiled softly and closed his eyes while leaning his face closer to mine. No.. No! I couldn't. This is starting to become more than a business relationship. I-I don't think I want that.

I pulled my face away and shifted towards the desk, away from him.

"Hey." He said catching my attention. "Do you not trust me or something?" There was something different in his tone, something like anger.

"No. No it's not like that-"

"So you don't. Am I not good enough for you, Lia? Is that why you won't kiss me?" He said as he began to stalk towards me.

"Where is all this coming from?! Shawn, just calm down."

"No! I pour my heart into making your pathetic and worthless talent into something! I work my ass off trying to make you into something and you tell me i'm not good enough?!"

I gasped, shocked my his words. I start to step back away from him as tears trickle out my eyes. "How could you?! Who are you?!"

"I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you, baby."

I shake my head violently and start running towards the door. I go to yank the door open, but it's forcefully shut behind me. I whimper and shut my eyes at the breath I feel on my neck. I'm turned around towards him and I could feel his towering presence above me.

"Look at me, Lia." He says in a forceful tone. I shake my head while I squeeze my eyes tightly shut.

"Please sweetheart. Look at me." He says in a softer tone. This encourages me to crack an eye open to see a soft and regretful look on his face.

"I'm so sorry. I-I don't know what came over me. It's just that I love you so much, Lia." He pulled me into his embrace as I sobbed in his chest.

"Yet you don't feel the same." After a few moments he pulls out of the embrace and grasps the sides of my face. He wiped the tears that ran down my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "You love me. Don't you, Lia?" He said barely over a whisper and began to trail kisses down my face. From my forehead to my nose, then across my cheeks until his lips hovered over mine.

"You love me, Lia."

"Y-yes, I do."

++++++++++++++++++++

A/N

LITERALLY SCREAMING.

inside. But holy, holy.

I have to admit that was something intense. Wow.

I don't even know what to say...

Well I hope you enjoyed this extremely intense and amazing chapter I wrote. ;)

Vote, Comment, yada yada

-Bri