xv. even if you hide, it doesn't go away

Elliott's place was eerily quiet, no sounds could be heard except the ones coming from the televisions that were left from the store he used to run. The Hargreeves stood watching the television, listening to the news reports following the assasination they had all just witnessed.

"Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assasination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald." The reporter started to list off their names, one by one. "Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza. A Cuban exile known only as Diego-"

"Cuban?" Diego asked, eyebrows raised. There was a chance that was in fact not true, just assumed by those at the psychiatric ward. Who would be able to verify those facts except Future-Reginald Hargreeves?

"-who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium." A photo of Luther from far away was held up to the camera, "A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected mafia ties who fights under the alias 'King Kong'." A photo of Allison at a protest flashed on the screen, "Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadler's Lunch Counter."

The next image to flash onto the screen was not a photograph, but a drawing, showing just how mystical Klaus had become over his years in Dallas. "And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader."

"The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for these two unidentified children," the reporter said, holding up a photo of Five and Liv as they peered over the fence, looking at the grassy knoll. "Who they believe are being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network."

Five shrugged, "Well it's true. I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days."

"God I hate that photo," Diego muttered, shaking his head at the television.

"They're saying I instigated the riot?" Allison scoffed, "That's unbelievable."

"Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday. So-"

"Yeah, a bunch of real goddam heroes. We let Kennedy die."

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world. The FBI is after us, the Dallas Police, the Secret Service. I mean it's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here," Allison explained.

"Well, where are we supposed to go?" Vanya asked.

Klaus made his grand entrance down the stairs, finally joining the conversation, "I have this yurt just outside of Reykjavik. We could totally lay low there. Folks there are a little weird, but lovely."

Liv scoffed, "And how do you suppose we get there? There is zero chance of any of us making it out of Dallas, never mind the state."

"Hiding's not gonna make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

"He's right," Diego confirmed, "They'll never stop."

"I'm sorry, since when are you an expert on the Commission?"

"Since I got back from there."

Liv gasped, lightly hitting Diego's arm, "Liar."

"I'm not. They headhunted me, offered me a job. Full time with benefits, which I had to turn down."

"They headhunted you....the village idiot?" Five asked.

She was focusing on more important things, "Did they offer you orthodontics?" Diego only nodded, in response to which question, she did not know. "That cunt!"