x. if i die tonight, imma make it look pretty

Five and Liv found their way back easy enough. Well not easy, but they made it back to the Hargreeves Manor and that was all that mattered. The two were sitting around his bedroom, thinking about solutions to their problem. How to find whose eye they had?

"What if we look in a newspaper for everyone who has lost an eye in the last hundred or so years?" Liv asked. There really wasn't anything else to do if the Meritech guy wouldn't give them the name of the patient.

"They don't publish who has lost eyes in newspapers. No one cares about a man getting his eye plucked out," Five was throwing the fake eye up into the air and catching it in his palm.

"What if we- what if we-" Liv thought for a moment, "I don't know. I don't really think there is much to do."

"Well if we don't do anything the world will end, then we will be back where we started."

"We won't be back where we started, we'll be dead. What if you just time travel everyone forward?"

Five shook his head, "I don't want to live in the apocalypse again. Let's just pray that Klaus comes through. That slacker. He better be ready to go back to Meritech or so help me I'll bash his skull in."

"That's a little violent, don't you think?"

Eager footsteps made their way upstairs, almost running. Vanya walked into the room and upon noticing that her brother was safe she let out a relieved sigh. "Oh, thank god," she moved into the room, "I was worried sick about you two."

"Sorry we left without saying goodbye." Five said, turning away from the window.

"No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry. Yeah, I was dismissive and I- I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't to be honest."

"We understand. It's a lot to take in," Liv added, not wanting Vanya to blame herself for them disappearing.

"Maybe you were right to be dismissive," He scoffed, "Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind."

"Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to be talking to. Look, I used to see someone. A therapist."

"The last time anyone suggested that Five should go to therapy they ended up with a pencil in their arm," Liv's voice became quiet, "Just so you know."

"Look, I could give you her information." Vanya reached into her coat, going to grab a pen, but was stopped by Five.

"Thanks, but... I think I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep." That was a lie, not the part where he said he hasn't slept in a while, that was true. The part about going to sleep was definitely a lie, he was too hyped up on caffeine to sleep. Five just wanted Vanya to leave.

"Okay." Vanya left the room without any other arguments and was descending down the Green Staircase.

"Sleep, really?" Liv joked.

Suddenly, the cabinet in Five's room opened, causing various things to crash out of it. Including a man by the name of Klaus Hargreeves. It seemed as if he had been in said cabinet for a while, considering how uncomfortable he looked and the fact that Liv and Five had been in the room for at least twenty minutes.

"That's so...touch, all that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow!" He made his way across the room to the window.

"Would you shut up?" Five said, gesturing to the area his sister was moments before, "She'll hear you!"

Klaus only slightly lowered his voice, "I'm moist!"

"Are you suggesting you pissed yourself?" Liv asked.