xiv. too shy to say, but i hoped you'd stay

Five was gone. That was how to describe it in its simplest form. One moment he was there, standing next to her behind Luther, the next he was nowhere to be found. Liv knew that could only mean one thing, The Handler had come. The annoying blonde lady had come and taken Five back with her.

The one thing she didn't know was whether he was taken, or he went willingly. Perhaps it was his last card to play, rejoining the Commission. Or perhaps he was kidnapped and executed. Maybe his brains were blown to bits just like Calhoun. She would never know

Liv watched as the ice cream truck driven by Klaus slammed into Hazel's car. Even though seas of bullets had been fired at the thing, it looked perfectly fine. Indestructible. No glass broken, no bullet holes, a great choice in vehicle.

"Five? Five!" Luther called out, spinning around in circles to look for his brother.

"He's gone."

He raised the fake briefcase up at her ex-co-workers, "Come get it!" Luther tossed the briefcase over into a clear area on the side of the road, causing Cha-Cha to go chase after it.

They were desperate, that much was the truth.

Liv ran over to the ice cream truck as Klaus and Diego stumbled out of it. "Come on, come on," Klaus called to his brother, helping him out of the car.

"Wait! My shoes hurt!" Diego responded as Luther slung an arm around him for support. The four started running back to the car as Hazel ran to the side of the road to get the bullets for his gun. That was Five, Five did that. It was most definitely just a card up his sleeve.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" Klaus asked.

Luther turned to the two brothers, "Have you guys seen Five?"

"He's back at the Commission."

"Get in the car," Luther commanded, opening up the back seat. Liv walked around the car to the passenger seat as Diego and Klaus got in.

"Luther, go, go, go!" Klaus yelled. Luther started the car and speeded off.

From down the street they could hear Cha-Cha screaming at the top of her lungs. She must have opened the briefcase.

***

Wednesday

8:00 am

Liv laid on Five's bed, tossing a bouncy ball onto his ceiling and catching it. She had been doing so since she arrived home, too worried to sleep. The ceiling was covered with math equations that she was trying to figure out, but of course she wasn't the math genius. Was Five okay? Were they feeding him? Telling him to sleep? More importantly, was he trying to come back? There was always a chance he wouldn't come back, that he would stay with the Commission and leave her here to die.

She wouldn't forgive him if he did that. Left her here. But she wouldn't be able to not forgive him if she was dead. He hasn't even left her directions. What was she supposed to do?

A knock came from the other side of the door, causing Liv to bolt upright. "Come in."

The door slowly opened to reveal Luther standing in her doorway, "Family meeting in the living room."

She looked to him, "Is this an invitation or are you just telling me to not go into the living room?" She absentmindedly tossed the bouncy ball between her hands as Luther stuttered.

"An- it's an invitation. Allison is bringing coffee."

She smiled at him, "I'll be there in a second."