[thirty four - the afterlife]

Start from the beginning

beautiful stalled as she looked down at him before cupping his face with her hands,and kissing his nose.
"you go first."

keith grinned before answering.

"my dad does some stuff in business,finance and stuff,i don't really know all the logistics but he works downtown in these big buildings."
he answered.

"and your mom?"
beautiful wondered.

"she's a chef,actually. she makes recipes for some bigger restaurants and stuff like that and sometimes she helps cook at events,nothing too serious."
he replied.

"it doesn't pay the most but she loves her job,and that's all that matters to me."
he finished.

"okay your turn,what does the fine Braxton family do?"
he said sarcastically,patting her leg and he hiked her up on his back.

beautiful had never really like to talk about what her family did.
truth be told,her family was quite wealthy.

they had always had a substantial amount of money in their bank accounts.

that's how Lance and Alicia were able to send their kids to some of the best colleges in the country and afford other things such as fancy tutors and expensive sports and extracurricular activity programs.

when Clinton had expressed to Alicia that he wanted to be a mathematician at a young age,Alicia wasted no time finding the best private tutor and competitions for him to compete in.

same with Jackie, when she was seven and told Lance that she wanted a sewing machine for Christmas,he didn't only get her that.

he took out a huge amount of money and spent months secretly putting together a sewing room for his oldest child with the most expensive and luxurious items and materials.

even with beautiful.
although her and her mother had always had a rocky relationship when it came to their relationship,her mother knew that soccer would keep her busy and entertained,which was what she wanted the most.

she would rather have beautiful out,not bothering her,doing something she's semi good at,than at home disappointing her by failing at something she's terrible at.

school.

so,of course,she put beautiful in one of the best soccer programs in Texas, buying her the best gear and coaching that money could buy,for years.

and even on top of the gorgeous,gated community,million dollar home the family had lived their whole lives in,the assortment of hundred thousand dollar cars in their driveway,and the thousands of dollars they spent sending their kids to private school for over twelve years,the family had not one ounce of money troubled in their lives.

and didn't plan to any time soon.

now,anybody would be happy with the kind of money the Braxton family had piled up,and of course Beautiful was extremely grateful.

but it wasn't until middle school that beauty had realized how cruel people can be,even about the smallest things,like how many digit were in your bank account.

she remembered being thirteen and getting called a spoiled,rich,girl while out to eat with her friends.

she had always been considerate of others and taken into consideration the fact that everybody didn't have it easy like she did.