[thirteen - your girl]

"yeah,i'll be there in like ten or fifteen minutes

"yeah,i'll be there in like ten or fifteen minutes....yeah i know,he's probably gonna make me run...alright,bye."
keith hung up the phone as he looked out his window for kilani.

after a few seconds,kilani appeared from the field and into the parking lot,jogging to keith's car.

he unlocked the doors,allowing her to put her bag in the back and hop in the front seat.

keith drove off as he headed for her apartment complex,driving somewhat recklessly.

"woah."
kilani mumbled as keith stopped at the stop sign roughly before continuing.

"are you..in a rush? or something?"
she asked as she put her seatbelt on.

keith chuckled as he made a left turn.
"uh yeah kinda. i was supposed to be at practice at one,so i'm running kinda behind."

kilani glanced at the dashboard,looking at the time.

1:09pm

"i'm just gonna drop you off really quick and get there. he's probably gonna make me run but whatever."
he shrugged.

kilani hummed.
"i don't mind."
she told him.

"mind what?"
he asked glancing over at her.

"sitting in the car. if you wanna get there a little bit earlier. i need to practice anyways."
she shrugged.

keith looked at her staggered.
"i'm already gonna be late regardless. you don't have to-"

"really it's okay. i don't mind."
she assured him.

keith sighed before shrugging,taking a right turn instead of left,heading for the field.

kilani hummed the song on the radio as keith stole glances at her,before pulling into the parking lot.

keith turned,unbuckling his seatbelt.
"i'll leave the car unlocked in case you wanna come back. we should be done in like two hours at the most."

keith hopped out the car,grabbing his bag as he sprinted towards the field,leaving kilani in the car.

"you're late."
coach told him as he slowed down,arriving at the track.

"i know. i know,i had to do something-"

"don't care. you know what to do. when you're done,drills."
coach said putting his hands on his waist,walking back to his team.