45

"We were scared of women

"We were scared of women."

'Oh.'

"...D-do you want to talk about it?" I asked and they all nodded.

"Of course, we need to tell you everything. *sigh* ..When we were young, our parents along with Maro's went on a family vacation. We were left behind at the coast while the adults had fun on the yacht. Maro's parents forgot something at the shore so they rode a separate yacht back, in that time the yacht exploded while our parents were in it."Devereux explained. I feel like I know this..

"Wait..are you talking about the Blackrock Beach explosion from 13 years ago?" I asked.

"Yes..that was- the one." Alicai nodded his head. Obvious sadness reflected in his eyes.

"I-..I was there that day." I think I witnessed it all happen. I was 8 years old, I was on a yacht with my family as well but instead of swimming, I played with my binoculars to find dolphins. 

We were near-shore since we were about done. As I played with the binoculars, I saw a couple in a boat reaching the coast and as they step foot, the yacht exploded. We reached the pier and my mother hid me from the scene. I heard kids crying, I closed my ears and rushed off somewhere.

I saw the couple again but they had the most terrifyingly calm and unfazed expression on their faces. It scared me as a kid, what boggles me is they said they forgot something? But they didn't do anything. They had an idle chat as they watch the fire and children groveling on the sand.

"I- I lost my parents, Calixto lost his father, Alicai lost his mother, Devereux' father's legs were crippled. The parents that survived went into a depression, we were all in a dark place. Soren's parents were busy managing all the businesses that they didn't have time for the children." Revere said.

"That's when Revere's aunt, M-Meredith Hendrix had the idea to take care of all of us herself since she explained that us kids will have a better environment if we were all together. My parents thought that she was such a great help so they said yes. She gathered all eleven children together and brought as to a remote place in the outskirts." Soren stated.

"She was horrible. She abused us relentlessly, Calliope showed you her scars, right? That was also the time I got the scar on my lip. Meredith slashed a knife in my face when she was drunk, well..we all have scars we don't want to show anyone." Calixto Revealed, I wondered where he got it before. I never expected that would be where he got it.

"She would bring women, women we found scary as children at that house. T-They'd..touch us, in places we didn't want to be touched. Make us do things we didn't want to do, much less know it was bad. Back when we were children, we were surprisingly innocent.. We were glad it was women since they didn't take an interest in our sisters." Devereux smiled brokenly.

"We wanted to fight back but, she always had a gun with her. She was a tall and strong woman, much taller and stronger than we were considering the oldest among us at the time was 13 and Revere was a late bloomer, no offense Vere." Viktor explained.