How it all started

Three generations before Aera's was her great grandfather's, Maximo Uriah. Maximo's father (biological; Wilson) had an ex girlfriend who was obsessed with him even after the break up so out of hatred she switched Maximo with a baby from the lower class, The Whitfields baby. The Ex girlfriend's name was Aubrey Hendrix. The great great Aunt of Revere.

Maximo, the biological son of the Wilsons,  grew up in the lower class and was named Maximo Uriah Whitfield meanwhile the biological son of the Whitfields grew up in the upper class and was named Seamus Cane Wilson.

The Wilson couple already had suspicions when they saw their supposed son didn't have a birthmark that ran in the Wilson bloodline. But they shook it off and thought that it might show up later on when he grew older.

With money and wealth surrounding Seamus, he got used to the lavish lifestyle but he himself was worried about the birthmark so he secretly got a DNA test. At his late 30's he found out that he wasn't the Wilson couple's biological child.

He panicked, he didn't want to loose all the inheritance that was going to be passed on to him. He knew if the Wilson couple found out that he wasn't their biological child, they'd find the biological child and split the inheritance (aka Maximo). 

So he got the birthmark done on the back of his neck and played it off as him receiving the birthmark. The Wilson couple(the wife specifically since her husband passed before her) accidentally found out about this at her death bed but at the same day she found out was the day she passed away.

Seamus told his wife and children about the situation. They were all full of greed, they knew if the Hendrix, De la Fontaine, Aetos, Ivanov, Marchetti, and Laurier family found about this, they'd think twice about their partnership since the only reason they agreed was because their bloodlines were tied.

By tied, I meant that every six generations, one of each family would be mated to each other. There would always be both genders in the mix of the mates, but never an all female mates or an all male mates.

They lied to the six families until it reached Torrin Maro Wilson, who also knew of the situation and still pushed the lie. But how were they able to convince Aera's soulmates to reject her? Here's why:

Aubrey Hendrix, Revere's great great aunt. She was the one who switched the two children at birth. Even after switching the children at birth she still felt immense hatred to the point it was ruining her mental state, but she was a master at hiding it.

She vented her anger to her son and abused him. Her husband was also cheating and it added to her madness. Her son grew up damaged so when his wife died of childbirth he already had hatred for the child.

More so since his child, his daughter was the spitting image of his mother, Aubrey. This child was Meredith Hendrix, the aunt of Revere. 

I will explain later but the seven families, Hendrix, De la Fontaine, Aetos, Ivanov, Marchetti, Wilson, and Laurier went to a vacation trip together. The parent's of Torrin rode a separate yacht since they had to get something back from shore while the parents of Aera's soulmates rode the same yacht.

The children were not in the yacht since they were all the way back at the shore with the guards. The unimaginable happened, their yacht semi exploded. It went up in flames, killing the parents of Revere, the father of Calixto, the mother of Alicai, and crippling the legs of the father of Devereux. 

The parents of Viktor got broken bones but thankfully lived, the parents of Soren also got the same thing. The reason behind why the yacht exploded will be revealed later on but this ended up making them unable to take care of their children. The worse thing about this was, the children saw the yacht explode.

Meredith Hendrix was a master of acting, she managed to convince that she could take care of all of them especially since her cousin just passed away and the only one left was Revere and his brother. 

That it was better that if all the children had each other's back and they were together. So that was what happened. Instead of taking care of them like she promised, she dragged them all to a place where it was isolated.

She already made the deal with the parent's of Maro at this point that she'd abuse them and then go to prison while they play the heroes. So they would feel indebted to them. She abused them for two months.

The thing was yes, Maro was there as well but he was told to act to get hurt since Meredith didn't really hurt him. A few smacks here and there but not as bad as what she did to the rest. 

But then, Meredith died. When she was about to burn five year old Madeleine, sister of Devereux who was 12 at the time with a metal rod that came from the fire. Viktor manage to get free and bashed her head with a large brick. Blood came out of her head. They all ran away and got lost .

They didn't have any source of communication device and the parent's of Maro realized something was wrong after Meredith not replying to their messages for 24 hours. So they went to where they were and played hero.

They feared women, even the girls feared women. 

One day, Calixto just came out of work when he bumped into a high schooler. He usually would get mad especially since it was a woman. But he felt different, comfort and what he didn't expect, compassion for this girl.

The girl was too distracted rubbing her forehead since after she bumped into him she smacked into a pole. Her hair was tied up in a high ponytail, her nape exposed.

When Calixto's eyes gazed at the sun birthmark at her nape, he was taken aback. He immediately recognized her..she was his mate.

Her ID was exposed and he remembered her name, Aera Irene Whitfield. 

He found her schedule and decided to test out if she really was his mate or not. At night he drove to the site where she was shooting a movie.

She was by the bench, he rolled down the window only by a little bit and when they locked eyes with each other, their eyes glowed and started changing into blue, though his was already blue. 

Without knowing her personally, he felt different about this woman. He wanted her safe but his trauma still scares him.

He went back and explained everything to everyone. The Wilson couple(Maro's parents) managed to coerce and manipulate them into believing that it was a mistake. That it was impossible.

They were hesitant but then they were reminded of Meredith and The Wilson couple's persistence pushed them so they rejected her that night.

Who knew they would meet again years later, when they overcame most of their childhood trauma. That they would come to love the woman...they rejected. That they would even come to love a woman.

They loved Maro not as a lover, but as a family figure. They all grew up together since they were children. So they are not bi but just had a paranoia of women. Hence why they are all...virgins. 

. . . I HOPE THIS HELPED IN UNDERSTANDING WHAT HAPPENED! <33