Eight

Sunghoon gasped and rubbed his teary eyes awake. Everyone had fallen asleep in front of the fireplace. He looked over to the others and noticed Jungwon sitting up and staring into the fire.
"Jungwon?" Sunghoon moved from the couch and sat next to the younger boy. "What time is it?" He asked.  "Should be around three in the morning now." Jungwon responded nonchalantly.

"Oh my gosh, what are you doing up?"

"I never slept," he hugged his knees. "I'm scared to have one again and wake everyone up."

Sunghoon furrowed his brows and got up to grab his bag. He pulled out the stuffed bunny and sat back down next to Jungwon.

"Here." He handed him the stuffed animal. "I thought maybe it could help you feel a bit better... maybe it won't take them away but it could keep you company when you sleep or when you wake up from one."

Jungwon held onto the bunny and stared at it. He rubbed the soft fabric and played with its long ears. He smiled and looked at Sunghoon.

"Thank you.. Really, thank you." His eyes watered.
Sunghoon laid his head on Jungwons shoulder. "Try and sleep, okay? No matter what happens, we're here... And never feel bad for waking us up if you're scared," Sunghoon spoke truthfully. Jungwon nodded and made his way back onto the couch, snuggling under the covers he shared with Ni-ki. Sunghoon also made his way back to the other one.
They whispered a goodnight to each other and went to sleep.

And without realizing it, Sunghoon had become a part of "us" and "we."