Seven

Sunghoon threw his backpack and quiver over his back. He was nervous to go back out there. He had agreed to join Jay out on a supply run, but was now racking his own brain as to why he even agreed because thinking about it now made his goosebumps get goosebumps.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" Jay put his backpack on and grabbed a gun. He reloaded it and put more ammo in his pockets.

"Am I?" Sunghoon rubbed his arms uncomfortably. Jay placed his hands on them, stopping him. "Hey, you don't have to go if you don't want to." Sunghoon shook his head, "no. I'm going... I don't want you to go alone, plus two people can carry more than one." He also wanted to be more of use to the group.

Jay gave a comforting smile "okay."

He filled two bottles with water before handing one to Sunghoon. "Okay, I'll go tell Heeseung that we're leaving and then we'll go." He went into the hallway. Sunghoon took deep breaths and placed his hands back on his arms, rubbing them.

"Here's a small list of what to pick up if you see it." Jungwon gave Sunghoon a small piece of paper. "Thanks for going with Jay. He went alone last time and almost didn't come home." He explained. Sunghoon just nodded and smiled. "Stay safe, okay?" Jungwon put his hand on the older boy's shoulder. "I promise, we'll come home safe in a few hours," Sunghoon replied.

"Okay! We're ready to go," Jay walked back into the room. He went up to Jungwon and gave him a long and tight hug. Sunghoon walked outside and waited there. He looked over to the woods and took a deep breath. After a few seconds Jay came out and walked down the steps. "There's a small neighborhood we have been scavenging in that direction," Jay pointed towards a spot in the woods. "We could go there, look around, and then explore the area to see if we find anything."

He began walking to the direction he had previously pointed to. Sunghoon followed with his bow in hand. "We're running out of a lot of things. I even checked how much water we have left in the house and it's not much... It makes me nervous."

Sunghoons grasp on his bow tightened with every sound they heard in the woods. They walked in silence for most of the time before making it to the neighborhood Jay had mentioned earlier.

"Okay," he began, "we've already gone into these houses." He pointed to a row of houses. "But we have yet to go through those." He began walking to one of the houses, Sunghoon followed, saying nothing. They checked a few houses before it got dark. They were starting to get a bit frustrated with how little they were finding. "Ok, let's try these last few houses before we start heading back." Jay spoke as he walked to the door, Sunghoon simply followed.

"Are you okay to check upstairs?

Sunghoon nodded and made his way to the stairs quietly.

"Hey. Be careful, okay, holler if you need anything." Jay spoke quietly.

He continued through the kitchen and grabbed a few cans of fruits. He quickly walked through the house, taking anything of use before walking up the stairs to join Sunghoon. He made his way in and out of the rooms before finding the other. He was holding a small light purple stuffed animal, a bunny. "Cute." Jay smiled.

"I was thinking of maybe giving it to one of the boys. Maybe Jungwon." He spoke softly. "I don't know.. Maybe its dumb but I thought that maybe it would help at least a little bit with his night terrors."

"No. Its not dumb at all." Jay replied. "Trust me, I know Jungwon more than anyone. He'll really really appreciate it." He smiled sweetly. Sunghoon smiled back and put the stuffed bunny into his bag.

They began to search the room more until suddenly they heard a loud crash downstairs. They stared at each other with wide eyes before they went onto the floor and hid behind the bed. Sunghoon took a deep breath, his hands shaking like a leaf. Jay noticed and placed his hands on his.