Three

Sunghoon abruptly awoke to screaming. It was morning, evident by the bright sun that shined onto his pale skin. Jay was gone and the door was wide open. He got out of bed and made his way out of the room, looking for the voice.

Sunghoon saw Ni-ki leaning on the doorframe looking in.

"What's happening?" Sunghoon asked him.

"Jungwon had another night terror," He replied calmly.

Sunghoon peeked into the room to see Heeseung holding onto the younger boy and whispering sweet things into his ear. He had calmed down and his screams had turned into small sniffles. Jay was right beside them along with Sunoo, who was holding a glass if water and a small pill.

"He has these a lot?"

"Yes.. I mean.. we all do but he gets them more than often." Ni-ki stated.

Sunghoon simply nodded. He felt sorry.

A few minutes passed and it was silent. Jungwon had calmed down and had quickly fallen back asleep in Heeseungs arms. Heeseung gently removed his arms and put the boy's head comfortably on the pillow before signaling the others to leave the room and closing the door.

"Sorry about the loud morning." He spoke quietly. Sunghoon shook his head. "No, it's fine.. Is he ok?"

"He's ok yea. Just bad dreams but who doesn't get them huh." He said as he walked to the living room. Sunghoon followed him.

"But anyways. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept really well actually. Thanks."

Heeseung gave a small smile. "I'm glad."

It was quiet. Heeseung was nervous. He too had thought about whether or not to trust Sunghoon. He was afraid to let the boy in but slowly started realizing that maybe Sunghoon wasn't a threat. Jay had told him earlier before everyone had woken up about Sunghoon and their conversation the night before. Jay had said he couldn't tell him the details but that Sunghoon wasn't a threat and had his own sadness and doubt to deal with. Heeseung wondered what the two could have possibly talked about but he knew it was better not to pry into Sunghoons personal sadness.

"Well I should get to doing a few errands" Heeseung got up, put a jacket on and picked up a few buckets from the corner of the room.

"Hey, is there anything I can help with?"

"Not with that wound. Just rest up, eat and recover."

Sunghoon just nodded as he watched the older boy leave the house.

"I disagree," Jay spoke as he leaned on the wall. Sunghoon didn't know when he got there. "I'm all up for you recovering but I'm sure you want to do anything but just sit here huh?" Jay continued.

Sunghoon nodded.

"Well, you should show me what you can do with your bow." He walked to the small closet next to the door and took out Sunghoons bow. "We're running low on food and today's weather isn't too bad for hunting."

Sunghoon perked up, finally he had a chance to prove useful to the group. "I'm not good at using it against people or those things but I do pride myself in hunting" He stood up. "But I don't have arrows. I can make them but it'll take me some time."

"That's ok, we have arrows. Not many though."

"You guys have arrows?" Sunghoon questioned.

"Yea. We came across some a while back but we never found a bow, so we never had a use for them until now." He smiled. "Guess we were just meant to find you."

Sunghoon couldn't help but feel needed, and that made him feel better about this whole situation. "I guess."

"Can I come along?" Ni-ki walked up to them. "Hm sure, I'd love your company." Jay gave the younger boy a jacket.

After telling Heeseung where they'd be, Jay, Ni-ki and Sunghoon made their way to the forest that surrounded the house. Sunghoon put the quiver over his back and held onto his bow. It felt nice to have it back. "Ok we must be really quiet from here on out. We don't want to scare anything away before we have a chance to catch it." He took a light step forward. "Just step where I step and as lightly as you can."

They walked deeper into the forest and made sure to stay as quiet as they possibly could. Sunghoon was starting to lose hope until he finally saw a track. "Here." He pointed down. Jay and Ni-ki furrowed their eyebrows, they didn't see what Sunghoon was referring to. "Something ran through here. Small, maybe a bunny or fox." He continued following the track. 

Suddenly the trees moved and ducks flew out of them. Sunghoon quickly grabbed an arrow and shot up before quickly releasing a second and third. It was so fast the other two were wide eyed as they stared at the ducks on the ground. 

They watched as Sunghoon walked to them, took his arrows back, quickly wiped them down with a rag and put them back in the quiver. He put his hands on the ducks bodies and whispered a thank you. He had never liked killing animals.

"That was crazy!" Ni-ki exclaimed. Jay agreed and asked "Where'd you learn to hunt and shoot?"

"Before the world ended, I took an archery class because it interested me. I had only just started when everything fell but I was able to practice a lot hunting for myself and other groups." The others nodded and stared in awe. "Let's take them back quickly before the scent of their blood goes too far." They each grabbed a duck and began their trip back home. "Can you teach me?" Ni-ki looked at Sunghoon. "Can you teach me how to shoot an arrow?"

"Sure. It's not too hard to grasp." He looked over at the smiling boy. Soon they could see the house in view, and Heeseung, collecting buckets of water from the well with Jungwon and Sunoo.

"Hey!" Jay yelled out to them, smiling. They ran up to them with smiles on their faces. "Sunghoon caught them," Ni-ki said with excitement. Heeseung smiled at the young boy full of joy. "Thank you," He told Sunghoon genuinely.

"I haven't seen him this excited in a while," Heeseung told him later. "It's really refreshing to see, thank you." Sunghoon gave him a very small smile. He didn't know what to say. He felt awkward around the older boy. He did feel happy knowing he made the younger boy happy though.

He didn't say anything.