Chapter 30- Two Reunions

The last thing Indeara had suspected to see when she and the others finally got out of their long tunnel was Salazar Malachite, Fayen Collis, and Ryle Zircon lying in wait with them.

A knife appeared in Sedine's hand immediately.

Vassa fumbled in her pack, yanking out a machete. Pinky squared her porcine shoulders.

I didn't even know she had that, Indeara thought.

"I knew it was you," Fayen said conversationally. "Though your tall friend made a good distraction the first time we met."

"It's been a good chase, but it ends here." Salazar said.

"Am I to expect to be killed up here or dragged back home?" Sedine asked warily.

"Oh you'll live." Ryle said. "Your friends here, though..."

"If that's the case then I'll die with them and I plan on taking as many of you fuckers out with me as I can." Sedine spat.

"Don't worry," Salazar said, lowering his voice and leaning forward. "Your turn will come right after you serve your purpose. No need to be in such a hurry."

Vassa glanced at Sedine. "Permission to say the word?"

"Permission granted," Sedine said, pale green eyes narrowing.

Vassa turned back towards the three men. "Go fuck yourselves."

Sedine jumped forwards, slamming into Ryle. She was much smaller than him, but the impact still knocked the prince off of his feet.

Vassa slashed at Salazar with her machete. He parried with his sword, nearly knocking the machete from her hand. Fayen swiped at Vassa from the other side. His strike never reached her.

His blade was only a hair's breadth from Vassa's shoulder when Pinky slammed all four-hundred pounds of herself into his shins. "You don't get to touch her you piece of shit!" The sow roared. Indeara heard a loud cracking noise, and Fayen collapsed, screaming in pain.

Indeara snatched Fayen's fallen sword, and charged at Salazar. She was inexperienced with the weapon, and missed actually hitting him by several inches.

"How do you use these things?" Indeara asked.

"I don't know!" Vassa said. "I'm just doing what I'd do if I got attacked by a feral hog!"

"I've never been attacked by a feral hog!"

"Just blow the ground up or something!" Vassa instructed.

"Can't, I might kill one of us at this proximity," Indeara said.

But I could melt their weapons, she realized.

She focused on Salazar's sword while Vassa attempted to fend him off.

Soften. Become like butter in a skillet, she willed it. The steel blade began to bubble and droop.

"What the fuck?" Salazar muttered, as his blade slid off the hilt and flopped into the grass.

"Hands up or I bleed you like a pig." Vassa ordered.

Salazar glanced around, and hesitantly complied. Ryle was too busy circling Sedine to give him aid.

They were locked in a stalemate. If Sedine got any closer, she'd be in range of Ryle's sword. If he charged her, he'd be in range of her knife.

Become hot, she ordered his sword hilt. Hot as coals plucked straight from a baker's oven.

Ryle yelled in surprise and dropped his sword.

"Into the stone circle, everyone!" Indeara ordered, dashing in that direction. "I have an idea!"

Pinky, Vassa, and Sedine followed her into the circle. Once they were all in, Indeara carved a perimeter around them, wide enough that it would be difficult for Salazar or Ryle to jump it.

That was the most Indeara thought she'd ever used her ability in a day. She sagged, Sedine and Vassa catching her before she could fall.

"You did well." Sedine assured her.

"I..." she said, cutting off as heat seared through her mark in waves. And it was coming from both marks.

Another group stepped out from behind the stones. She hadn't realized they'd been there when she'd made the perimeter.

If they're hostile we're screwed, Indeara thought tiredly.

There were four of them; a wiry blond boy, a girl with brassy red hair and a fearsome glare, a dark-haired girl who looked unsure what to do, and a man whose height rivaled hers.

She met the tall man's eyes, and saw a face so similar to the one she saw in the mirror. Indeara's breath caught in her throat, as she saw him come to the same realization.

Somehow, the two of them were connected, though she did not recognize him, and saw no spark of recognition in his eyes.

The tower flashed before Indeara's eyes again, and the silhouette standing beside her, who she couldn't quite picture anymore of. The image overlapped with this man, one and the same.

Indeara clutched her head, pain flaring behind her eyes.

"Indeara? What's wrong?" Sedine asked, glancing worriedly at her.

"Her mark's glowing." Vassa whispered.

"The tower." Indeara mumbled. "He was in the tower."

"She's not making any sense." Pinky said.

A similar glow was emanating from the tall man's neck.

"She's one of the ones you're bound to." The red-haired girl gasped.

Whatever that means.

The redhead raised her hands. "We're not enemies! At least we don't think we are!"

"That's reassuring." Sedine said doubtfully.

"My name is Kaedwyn Telare-ess." The girl introduced herself. She pointed to her companion. "This is my companion, Isaan."

Isaan. Isaan. Isaan, the name rung in her head, spoken by an unfamiliar voice.

"We believe that Isaan is magically linked to your tall companion there through a binding spell," Kaedwyn said.

"Sounds plausible." Sedine said.

"Can we come closer?" Kaedwyn said.

"Sure." Sedine said.

The look on her face said that she wouldn't hesitate to plant a knife in the pair if they tried anything.

The other boy and girl hung back as Isaan and Kaedwyn stepped forward. The heat in Indeara's neck intensified as he got closer.

"Indeara is an amnesiac." Sedine explained for her. "If you're looking for answers from us, we know as little as you."

"I am too." Isaan said. "Sort of."

"Sort of?" Sedine asked.

"It varies from day to day." Isaan said, as if that explained it.

"We came here to find a being called The Weaver who might know something about my amnesia." Indeara said.

Isaan looked to Kaedwyn.

"There might be something to it." Kaedwyn said. "But from my understanding of the Weavers, they don't actually exist?"

"I already confirmed her existence." Sedine said. "We have to go further into the circle. There's a barrier of spells that keeps her cloaked from sight."

"Then let's go." Kaedwyn said.

Weaver's Curseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें