Poetic

FLASHBACK – 10TH CENTURY MYSTIC FALLS

A storm rages outside the Mikaelson's cottage as a very young Rebekah lays in her bed, sniffling and crying from fear. Young Klaus walks over to comfort her.

"Hush now. It's just a storm. Don't be afraid. I won't let it hurt you." Klaus speaks softly to the small girl.

Klaus leaves to grab a small chess piece before returning to his little sister. Rebekah looks up at him with hopeful eyes. "Nik, don't go."

"I carved it for Father. It's a brave knight. Now you can be brave, too." Klaus smiles at his little sister.

Rebekah smiles back. "Will you stay with me 'til the storm ends?"

"I will always stay with you, Rebekah. No matter what." Klaus vows.

END OF FLASHBACK

Aliza, Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah, who are still trapped in the cemetery due to Celeste's spell...well not Aliza, are in the middle of a standoff. Klaus has the indestructible white oak stake, while Elijah holds Papa Tunde's blade. Aliza stands slightly behind her father.

"Rebekah." Klaus calls to his sister.

"Walk away." Elijah instructs pointing to Klaus with the blade, going to take a step forward.

"Don't move!" Klaus demands making Elijah stop in his tracks.

Elijah looks to Rebekah and Aliza. "Leave us now."

"I can't." Rebekah shakes her head. "I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake."

Aliza smiles sarcastically as her father points the stake in Rebekah's direction. "He brought it for you, Aunite.."

"Get out of his sight." Elijah looks at his younger sister. "Your presence here only serves to anger him...them. Leave them to me now."

Rebekah vamp-speeds away, and Elijah turns to Klaus and Aliza, but more at Klaus. "I'm asking you, brother to brother-- we end this nonsense now."

"You would side with that traitor!" Klaus points to where his sister sped away.

"I am not choosing sides, but I will not allow you to hurt our sister." Elijah says sternly.

"Seems like you chose a side." Aliza shrugs as paces not wanting to stand in one place.

Klaus smirks at his daughter before looking at his older brother. "We cannot leave this cemetery, Elijah."

"Yeah, how long do you think you can defend her?" Aliza raises an eyebrow at him when suddenly Klaus grabs her and vamp-speeds away.

Aliza squeals. "Next time tell me! I'm pregnant for godsakes."

Her father mumbles a sorry until Elijah easily catches up with them and blocks them. "As long as it takes, by whatever means necessary."

"That was so poetic." Aliza states. "You should have been a writer, Elijah."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Marcel enters Davina's attic room with a bag. Davina is very pale, and looks extremely sad as she sits quietly on her bed.

"Hey, D, how you feelin'? Got you some stuff-- organic soap, and scented candles, some incense... Just trying to help you get back to feeling, you know, yourself." He waits a beat. "Word on the street is the witches are celebrating. Three out of the four girls sacrificed in the Harvest have come back. First, it was your friend, Monique, and then another girl, now you. What I hear, the others are saying that the ancestors were with them while they were, uh, dead. You know, talking to them, teaching them. They say they're stronger than ever. Was it like that for you?"