It's My Job

It's been ten minutes since I woke up. I looked to my nightstand to see my photo album and diary on top. I took the album and opened it. I looked through the pages stopping at a picture of Jeremy and I. We were like 5ish and we had ice cream all over our faces. I smiled down at the picture. My thoughts taking me to that day.

"Daddy daddy look!" A young Aliza said excitedly pointing at the ice cream truck. Her father chuckled at her. They were in the front yard. Grayson was playing catch with a football with her and Jeremy. Elena was inside doing they didn't know at the time.

" I see it sweetheart. How do you ask nicely?" Grayson asked looking at the energetic 5 year old.

" Daddy can we pretty please get ice cream?" Aliza said giving him her famous puppy dog eyes and pout. He could never say no when she did that.

" Fine you little angel." Grayson said causing the little girl to giggle.

" COME ON JJ! ICE CREAM!" The girl said grabbing her little brothers hand tightly and ran to the ice cream that was 2 houses down.

" She definitely gets that from me." Grayson mumbled to his self thinking about to his second daughters pout and puppy dog eyes. He followed after the 2 kids.

" JJ be careful your going to fall." Aliza said grabbing his hand pulling him towards her. There was a stick on the floor Jeremy wasn't paying attention to.

" You don't have to protect me from everythwing Liz." A 4 year Jeremy told his sister trying to speak proper. He still had trouble with some words. He swung their hands back and forth.

" It's my job to JJ. You and me against the WORLD!" Aliza shouted at the end.

" Yea I guess your right." Jeremy told his sister. Grayson behind them smiled at them. He knew they would always have each other and one would always protect the other. Elena would protect them too but she wasn't as close as they were.

" Jeremy look." Jeremy turned his head to her. She had ice cream on her finger and put it on his nose.

" Your on sissy." Jeremy said doing the same thing to her. This is how they ended up with Ice cream all over their face and their father was there to catch it all.

I sighed at the memory. It was clear as day. Everything was so simple then. It will always be Jeremy and Aliza against the world. Elena here and there.

I got up and went to the bathroom and opened it to see Vicky Donavan.

" You slept with my brother?" I asked her glaring.

" Uh um." Vicky was lost for words. My glare is very threatening.

" Aliza leave her alone." Jeremy said coming into the bathroom.

" You shut up." I pointed at him making cower back. I turned back to the Donavan girl.

" You hurt him and I will hurt you just like I did with Tyler. Maybe worse. Got it?" She nodded quickly. I put a smile back on my face.

" Good. Did Elena see you yet?" I asked brushing my teeth.

" Yupp a couple of minutes before you came." I nodded and spit out the tooth paste.

" Be careful okay Jer." I told him softly not caring about the girl with them. Who was looking at the siblings fondly. It was clear how much they loved each other and do anything for one another.

" I promise. Don't worry about me." He said bringing me into a hug.

" It's my job to worry and protect you." I said back into his chest.

::

" Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened." Elena said staring at Caroline.

" She's in denial Elena. The things that happened to her isn't something you want to think about or say happened to you." I told her. She's still skeptical about what I said back at the party but I simply ignored her questions. I opened my locker putting in text books I don't need.

" Hey." A soft voice came from behind the locker. My heart clenched knowing who it was.

" We um, got to go be somewhere right not." Bonnie said grabbing Elena and dragging her away. Elena looked at me with a 'tell me later look' I nodded at her.

" I'm so sorry I haven't called." Stefan said closing my locker so I can look at him.

" No worries, Stefan. It's okay." I told him with a light smile

" I was dealing with Damon." He said looking lowering his head down a bit to meet my eyes.

" Stefan it's okay. I told you to take care of him and that's what you did. Even if it was for 4 days and you didn't contact." I told him biting my bottom lip lightly. " Did you deal with him?" I asked.

" Yes, yeah." Stefan responded. I nodded shortly.

" And now what?" I asked him crossing my arms over my chest.

" Can we talk over it at the grill maybe?" His eyes silently begging me. " Please." He added seeing my hesitation.

" Sure. When?" I replied defeated.

" I have to be home after school but the grill 4 o'clock?" He asked. I nodded stiffly.

" Okay." I said opening my locker back up and adding in another text book I might need but I don't care because it's too heavy.

" Stefan. Where's Damon? He has some seriously apologizing to do." Caroline asked making me turn my head over my shoulder to look at her and slowly close my locker.

" He's gone Caroline." I spoke up for Stefan seeing his hesitation. She glanced at me looking back to Stefan.

" When is he coming back?" She questioned her face dropping a little.

" He's not coming back." Stefan said only looking at Caroline. I looked to him shocked. I knew he couldn't and wouldn't kill Damon. I know after everything Damon did I should really really hate him. But I can't happen but still worry about him.

" I'm sorry." Stefan said looking at me seeing my shocked and worried face. He nodded and walked away.

I'm going to try and start putting the episodes in one chapter if you guys want

I'm going to try and start putting the episodes in one chapter if you guys want. The story will probably go along faster but writing them will take hours which is why I split them up lol.

I hoped you enjoyed. This one was short but I'm tired lol😂