23 | Shaped Like A Heart

Chapter 23: Shaped Like A Heart

July 3rd; just before midnight.

"Let's go to sleep early."

"But we haven't even been outside yet," I whined.

"We'll be outside all day tomorrow, and the stars, they'll be alright," he chuckled.

"Okay, fine."

I put my pencil down, putting a pause on the to do list I'd been writing, and shut the lights off before I climbed into bed with him.

"Can we, you know, that word—like for holding you?"

"Cuddle?"

He nodded, then I nodded, and we fell asleep holding one another like the night before. Katsuki was such a gentleman when it came to holding me. He probably got it from his dad.

—July 4th—

The Fourth of July, my favorite day of the year, besides Katsuki's birthday, had arrived and the only thing I desired was for him to learn how to show me some proper affection. I never thought I would think this, but Katsuki was more annoying after he confessed to me than when we were only friends with hidden feelings.

He really thought being an asshole to me was the only way to show me affection. Like Sweetheart, do you think giving me concussions and screaming insults in my ear is what normal people do when they like someone?! He was absolutely wrong and needed me to help him out every step of the way.

As I laid in bed with my head on his chest, the rapid pulsing of his heart made it difficult for me to stay asleep.

"I fucking knew it! Of course she drooled all over my t-shirt," his voice, very clear and close to me was enough to fully awake me. I groaned at the loudness of it, and slowly lifted my eyelids, "There she is," I looked at him happily as he said that.

Then I turned my vision to see his arm, which was extended upwards as he held the camera that I told him we were going to use for a vlog, "I caught you. Now get your slobbery ass off of me and clean your damn mouth!" He pushed me off and set the camera aside on the table.

"KATSUKI?! Why would you record me! Do you see my hair??" He looked at me like there was no problem with the way I looked, and so he shrugged. "Fucking baka," I got up and stomped my way to my closet door. Before I opened it, the sudden impact of a soft object slammed me up against it.

"Oh shit!" He laughed, "How does that even happen? It's not like I threw the pillow that hard." When I turned to look back at his taunting facial expression. I knew that there was no way he threw that so harshly just by accident. "Do you see me right now?! It's morning! My body is tipsy!" I picked up the pillow and launched it back at him with lousy force.

"I thought you'd have more energy since you wouldn't shut the fuck up yesterday, about how today was going to be the best day ever."

He was really testing my patience, but I didn't let it get to me, "Let me take a shower and then I'll feel better," I yawned as I carefully opened the door and walked into my closet making sure he didn't catch a glimpse of the inside. After sitting in there for a few minutes, and just staring at my clothes, I grabbed everything I needed and slowly opened my door the sufficient amount for me to fit through.

But, on the other side, he was nowhere to be seen. The door was opened a crack and I knew he had to be in the kitchen, cooking up a savory breakfast for us.