22 | Are You Crying?

Chapter 22: Are You Crying?

Eye to eye, there I stood, hesitant to enter and ask what the cause was to the sudden change in his mood. I knew damn well he did not look that confident with himself hours earlier when I'd leapt on him. Something had definitely changed in the few hours we'd been apart.

It took three deep breaths for me to feel okay enough to step inside and close the distance between us. At about five feet away from him, I stopped abruptly when he got up from his spot and looked at me like he wanted to slap my face.

Right when his words left his mouth in such a sharp tone, I knew I was in for a terrible scolding from him, "Before you say anything, what makes you think you can just grab hold of me whenever you want?!" Surely he was referring not only to the incident a few hours ago, but also the bathroom thing the day before. "Do you not understand that I can't stand you touching me?! I hate it!"

If taken out of context, those words made me sound like someone truly horrible and disgusting. I couldn't let him insult me like that. Especially not when we both knew what he said was partially a lie. "I'm glad you brought that up because that's exactly what I wanted to discuss with you," I crossed my arms trying to hide the nerves that I felt throughout my body.

The sun was almost completely gone and so the room had gotten quite dark. Though, neither of us bothered to go for the light switch. I think it was best for the two of us. That way if we had a change of color in our faces, it wouldn't be noticeable to the other.

"What? I just want you to stop making physical contact with me. I'm done—"

"Katsuki! Stop lying to yourself! We both know you aren't bothered by me hugging or pouncing on you! You're just confused," I tried to reassure him. Though, he didn't seem to understand what I was saying. There was no easy way to tell him that I knew his truth. Even so, one way or another, I had to confront him eventually, and he had to own up to his real feelings.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. All I'm trying to tell you is—"

"I HEARD YOU!" Those words came out a little louder than I'd expected, "Last night.. I heard you.. I heard all of it." With each word my voice progressively lowered until it was a mere whisper. The look of shock on his face was nothing like the ones before.

That look of fear, disgust, anger, and embarrassment was, and still is, copied and pasted in my head today. I'm not sure how I managed to keep from wetting my pants, but I did it! Yeah, I definitely did a lot of things that night, and cowering away was not one of those things.

Without a word to be said in return, he distanced himself from me as he casually walked to the door. "No, we're not doing this again," I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him back, almost making him loose his balance.

Every other emotion except anger faded from his face, "Let me go," those words were nothing more than a whisper from him. It seemed that whenever he was absolutely fed up, his voice lowered. Probably to build up enough hatred to spit out all at once.

"I'm sorry, but that's not gonna happen. We can't go on like this—I can't go on like this!" My emotions were all over the place and I didn't really know what I was feeling, and that upset me, "You can't change if you push the people who want to help you, away!"

"Y/n, I can't do this right now." The way he spoke, in such a soft, relaxed manner, only triggered me more. It felt like he was uninterested in what I had to say and that made me feel terrible. So incredibly awful, that tears scattered down my face.

"Katsuki, I don't wanna hear your stupid excuses I just—"

"Y/N LET ME GO! I LITERALLY CAN'T FUCKING DO THIS! I CAN'T BR—" As I held on to his arm, I noticed that it had actually started to quiver a bit. It was like nothing I'd ever seen from him before. Was he panicking? Having an emotional outburst? Or lying to run away? Whatever it was, I let go of him and watched as he raced out the door, slamming it behind him.