17 | Imagine If I Died

Chapter 17: Imagine If I Died

It took one week after he left, for me to feel somewhat okay. When my dad picked us up that day, he asked where Izuku was and Katsuki had to answer his question for me because I couldn't get a word out, not while I was breaking down.

The first night without Izuku, I was devastated. I couldn't sleep at all. My bed felt empty without him. I think Katsuki must have been worried about me because at one point that night, he came into my room and helped me calm down. Since that day he slept in my room, on the ground, just to make sure that if I had another panic attack, he would be there to help me.

My parents worried about me every day. Katsuki had to make up random excuses whenever my mom or dad caught me crying, or when I wouldn't go downstairs to eat. When that happened, he actually brought the food upstairs to my room.

At first, I didn't want to eat it, but the fact that he was so worried about me and brought my food up to me, made me happy. So I did everything he asked me to. Every morning we'd go outside and take a walk so that I could get some fresh air.

Then at night, we'd sneak out of the house through my window and I'd hold onto him when he blasted us up to the top of my roof so we could get a better view of the sky. It was our daily routine and being with Katsuki made me feel closer to Izuku.

Every night on the roof, I would vent to him about how much I missed my bestfriend. After a week something changed. It was like Katsuki felt overwhelmed by my constant rambling over Izuku.

"Y/n, could you maybe not bring him up right now? I get that you miss him, but what's the point of me trying to help you feel better, if you keep mentioning him?" He interrupted me.

I just looked at him, stunned by his words. He was right though. He was doing his best to help me get over Izuku, but I kept bringing him up all the time.

"This is probably gonna sound a little selfish of me, but... the night is supposed to be our time to relieve ourselves of our problems, and for a week now, it's been nothing but you stuck on someone who's been gone."

My mouth opened up from shock. I was sure he was trying to tell me that I was being annoying and he was tired of having to deal with me. At least, that's the first thing I thought when he told me that. "Are you serious right now?" I stood up and carefully walked to the farthest end of the roof, away from him.

"Y/n!" I heard him also get up and walk in my direction, "What I meant was that I don't mind you talking about him but when you do it so constantly, it worries me."

"You're just saying that because you hate that I miss him! You—you're jealous!" I stopped in my tracks and turned around so that we were both looking at each other, only five feet apart.

"That's what you think?" He asked.

"That's what you're making it sound like!"

"Alright, fine then! You wanna know how I really feel?"

"Oh, please, enlighten me, Katsuki."

He looked me directly in my eyes. "I hate that you won't stop bringing him up! NOT because I'm jealous, but because it's all you ever talk about!" whilst talking to me in such a rude tone, we kept eye contact; something that was never done before. At least not when we got vulnerable with each other.

"At first I was fine with it, but when you started bringing him up more and more, especially during the night, it just became too much. I don't give a fuck if you talk about him when the sun is up, but when you bring him up during our time, the nighttime, it pisses me off!" That must've been really hard for him to say because right after, he turned around and walked away.