14 | I Almost Died

Chapter 14: I Almost Died
(You see the fanart..)

I squinted at him, trying to detect his facial features. My heart and mind couldn't comprehend what was happening. The boy I adored was sitting close to me on his own accord.

I felt my eyes start to sweat, and with a quiet chuckle, I quickly stopped myself from bawling. "I can't sleep either, not on this shitty ground, my back hurts." I whispered to him.

He stood up, to which my eyes followed. His physique was breathtaking. "I need to talk to you." He motioned to the door.

A large sensation of heat swarmed my face as I stumbled to get up. He took the room key from the nightstand before opening the door. Something about him felt different. I wasn't sure if it was because of how calm he was or the fact that he actually wanted to talk to me.

-ˋˏ ༻💥༺ ˎˊ-

We walked down a few hallways and entered the staircase which we followed all the way to the top. There was a balcony toward the back of the hotel, where there were hardly any bright lights. Empty chairs occupied the area and the view was a sky full of stars.

Upon entering the balcony, he sighed and took in the fresh air. I did the same, as well. Then we took our seats and stared off into the distance; admiring the beautiful stars.

"So what's up?" I asked.

He wasted no time in quietly scooting his seat closer to mine. I gripped onto the metal arms of my chair and mentally prepared myself for anything he was to throw at me.

Seconds passed by and still no answer. The night was quiet; a peaceful quietness that comforted me. "Cricket, cricket, cricket." I joked, trying to spark up a conversation. He didn't find my joke funny. I shrugged it off and leaned back into my chair.

Suddenly, he stood up and walked over to the edge of the balcony, resting his arms on the railing made of stone. "Was I a jerk today?" He asked in a soft voice.

I choked on my saliva and sat up straight knowing that the conversation would get deeper. That question messed with my head; I wasn't sure how to respond. "Why are you asking?" I played it save to get some context out of what he said.

"All I did was argue and cuss people out, and now I practically lost my voice." He chuckled.

I didn't think it was funny, but he was right. Based off the volume of his voice, he'd definitely done too much yelling. I began to wonder if that was the type of stuff that went through his mind while he was in his own room.

"I feel bad.." he mumbled, "I should've been more respectful, but it was so weird seeing so many.. me's." I noticed his fist clench, and I got up from my chair.

"Hey," I leaned on the rail, "it's okay, everyone thought you were in character. If you hurt someone's feelings, I'm sure they would've spoken up." I reassured him.

He nodded in agreement, but to me, he didn't look too convinced by my words. Giving advice to people was something I was really good at, but when I searched my mind for more to say, I couldn't think of anything.

For some reason I felt very tense. His tender behavior towards me was kind of weird. As I looked at him whilst he zoned out into the stars, it was almost as if he was in a trance. Almost as if the nighttime was when he could be vulnerable.