𝟎𝟎𝟕

Did I mention this was a slow burn?

Enjoy!

•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•
Chapter Seven-
The Stars of Heaven

•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•Chapter Seven-The Stars of Heaven

star·gaze
/ˈstärˌɡāz/
verb
to gaze at or observe the stars.
•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•

"If I could paint the sky, would all the stars then shine a bloody red?"

•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•

"Can you come back inside?" Petra said as she poked her head out the window to see you.

Although you despise the island where you are currently residing, you had to agree that the sky appeared different compared to Marley. You never had the opportunity to admire the morning sky or the beautiful night sky back home. Your brother made sure that you were safely confined inside your house. The only time you saw the sky was when your brother brought you with him to the grocery store. However, every now and again, you'd sneak out your window and stare at the sky before anyone noticed.

Even back then, you could see how dull the stars were in Marley. At night, it appeared as though the city was emitting a permanent sky glow, obscuring your view of the stars. On the island, you could see more stars than you had ever seen before. They appear to be brighter. And that was the one thing you enjoyed most about being here.

As night fell on the island, stars began to glimmer through the gloomy sky. As you lay on your bed, you saw how beautiful the stars were, as if they were begging you to join them. To avoid disturbing your cabin mates, you moved silently and opened the window. You took a look around before crawling out the window and onto the roof, which brought you to this situation.

"It's a clear sky tonight," You said.

Petra stared out the window before returning her gaze. "I'm still confused as to why you need to sneak to the rooftop when you have an excellent view from this window. You also don't have to be concerned about plummeting to your death."

You laughed silently, remembering that there were people sleeping below you. Petra would find you sitting on the roof, staring at the stars, whenever there was a clear night sky.

"The fall would only break my leg."

"Same thing."