understanding

"Mhmmmmm." Aries groaned in pain and rolled over. Look around she wasn't at home and she soon realized that from the big welcome to the dark poster across from the bed.

Getting up and seeing she was in a all white tee that fitted her body like a glove.

Walking out the door she heard music and smelt burn toast. Yeah,she was at ja's house for sure.

Walking into a kitchen area she saw ja stirring for his life. She wanted to laugh but her head  was still fuzzy from being hang over.none that a ginger ale can't fix though.

"You gon help a nigga or just stare?" Ja asked her. Pointing to the food.

"I have a child to go home to." She told him walking back upstairs grabbing one of his basketball pants slipping into it and Trying to make her wig look better than its tangled mess. She sat back on the bed calling an uber.

Slipping into one of his nike slides and walking back out to the kitchen. She watched him try his best to cook. Giggling at it all by the time he was finished all of the pancakes,grits and sausages were half burnt.

"You one fucked up baby mother.", he told her eating across from her at the table as she scrolled through her messages.

Myles: hi. Hope you got home safely. Xoxo

She tried her best to remember who the fuck was myles and gave up after nothing came to her memory. Getting up she walked to get some instant coffee. Ja watched her as she maneuvered through the kitchen.

"So when did you move here?" She asked him sipping her tea.

" a month ago." He answered.

"It's nice." She complimented as he nodded.

"What you and xa doing later?"

"Our usual walk in the park and ice cream day." She answered shrugging.

"Can I come and bring kaari?"

"Sure. Once kk don't cry murder because you have her daughter around "the prostitute".

"You need to stop calling yourself that aries." He said seriously.

She bursted out in a laughter and grabbed her phone getting the notification that the uber was near. Standing up she thanked him for taking care of her in her drunk state and she left out.

                                  ~

Later that evening ja pulled up to aries house to see Xavier sitting on the steps alone. Kaari jumped out the car and ran to her little brother hugging him tightly.

"What you doing out here potna"

"I wait on you dada" Xavier told him.

Ja lifted up both of his kids. Looking as aries came out in one piece that stopped above her knees and her Nike low top dunks. His eyes roamed her figure. It was still nice even after having a baby and all.

"We taking your vehicle right.", she asked him but he was lost thinking how he would take her inside and take her down only if the kids weren't here.

"Daddy. Riri talk to you.silly" Kaari said snapping him back to reality.

"Huh?"

"Huh? ,I said if we taking your vehicle?" She said imitating the tiktok.

"You need to stay off tiktok." He told her.

"No dada. We lwove twik twok." Xavier said and kaari co signed.

"I bet Yall do." He said walking to the vehicle as aries trailed behind them with the car seat in hand.

They pulled up to the park. Unloading the kids,karri holding aries hand as ja carried Xavier. Xavier began to wiggle in ja arms at the sight of the slides and swings.

"Daddy down down."

Ja let the little boy go watching as his little legs trampled the grass beneath them running to the slides. Karri doing the same behind him as ja followed.

Aries took a seat on the park bench. Watching as ja monitor the kids,Xavier was a little monkey his little frame swinging all over.

"The gang ok over there." Ja said strolling over back to aries.

She looked up at him her eyes Following him as he sat down next to her on the bench.

"These needs to retwist." She told him reaching out to touch his locs. Moving closer to him searching through each loc.

"And treated or they gon breaking off and shit......you to busy trying to be the mvp now or something?"

"Cementing my legacy." He replied

"Fuck around and be like KD."

"Hell na i ain't going that far yo."

The two bursted out laughing. Aries watch as Xavier made an attempt at a cart wheel on the grass. His little body hitting the ground with a thud. Aries was about to get up off the bench to check on him when ja pulled her back.

"Let him be." Ja said.

Xavier stood up dusting off his body and then grin. Running and attempting the move again. Aries heart pumping heavily in fear that the child might dislocate a limb.

"I go again mummy." Xavier squealed running off and trying the move. Landing on his legs perfectly.

"See now he got it." Ja said grinning.

"He's so sweet. My little sweet boy." She said watching him hop around kaari who was on the swing.

"You gon have a fit when he start getting grown. I just know it." Ja told her.

"I got a good 10 years left."

"3. Morant men get grown quick. Ma boy gon have some girls by 5."

"He gots to come good with those girls."

"Of course. We know how to pick em. Pretty, brown and thick." He said squeezing aries behind causing her behind.

"Boy yo first baby mama lightskin and skinny. Fuck outta here."

"Mama cwome pwush us." Xavier said pointing to an empty swing.

"Coming baby." She said walking towards the child.

The day ended with the four of them tired out their minds heading home. Kaari was out like a light in her carseat as Xavier fussed in the back seat. As they got to aries house she unbuckled her son, releasing her breast and giving it to him.

"You still got him on that shit. " ja said rolling his eyes.

"Yes so what?" She said adjusting the child and grabbing his blanket.

"It's because  I ain't over here to be on them." Ja said doing his goofy smile.

"Boy bye. Gon ahead and take kk child home am over your ass."

"Forreal?" He asked her seriously.

"Yeah I am. If you ain't got me in the bad times don't try sliding through in the good." She told him closing the vehicle door and walking away.